The U.K. does the best comedy — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The U.K. does the best comedy

Neil2017
Neil2017 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
Just looking through clips on YouTube of the comedy greats on TV. The likes of The Two Ronnie (Four Candles sketch a classic), Blackadder, David Wallams And Matt Lucas in Little Britain and Come Fly With Me, Benny Hill, Monty Python sketches...and so on

Great stuff if your in the mood to watch, listen and have a good laugh at :smiley:

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    I do love Blackadder!!  :D
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Neil2017 How are you?  My favourites are the old school.  Do not understand the modern stuff.  I am a fan of the Two Ronnies mainly because of the now famous writers who at the time were unknown.  Included David Renwick who wrote One Foot In The Grave,  Also Barry Cryer who wrote for all the comic greats.  Plus Gerald Wiley who was Ronnie Barker who wrote under a false name.  All clever stuff.  What I miss about Christmas is on the TV all the comic greats did a Christmas special.  Unfortunately a lot of them have gone to the big stage in the sky.  I love watching Morecambe and Wise as well.  What many people did not know that hey rehearsed for about two weeks.  To get timings right.  The star guest was expected to do the same.  Some of the stars who attended refused to do so.  Which the lads did not like.  One was Andre Previn the famous Conductor who was doing a concert in Chicago before the show.  I believe Eric and Ernie had there doubts but he was word perfect.  I am one of those people who has lots of information on TV shows.  This I find fascinating.  The behind the scenes.  A lot of it has now come to evidence.  Like documentaries and lot of archive stuff.  When you start collecting stuff and selling it.  You meet a lot of other collectors who have snippets, bits of information on our favourite comedies and actors.  It is how we as viewers are so grateful to them.  Because none of this is ever known.  Until something on the Antique Roadshow comes up or B.B.C want to do a documentary on how a certain comedy came into being created.  Lot of them have been production teams.  I hope you find it fascinating like me.  Hope to speak to you soon.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness