Shadow on my lung — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Shadow on my lung

Options
anixous2017
anixous2017 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
Had an x ay showed a shadow on right lung so had a ct scan which consultant sure it is Cancer, just had a pet scan got a phone call today have to go into see consultant, I am worried sick.  And very scared.

Comments

• Neil2017
    Neil2017 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @anixous2017
    Apologies as I see no one has got round to answering your post yet so I’ll be the first.

Yes, having scans and awaiting results is very worrying and scary. I have had Cancer (twice) and been through several scans including MRI, CT and ultrasound. The last Cancer I had was a form of Cancer of the skin on my eyelid and I thought I was going to totally loose my sight.

Fortunately today much Cancer is either curable or treatable. I am still here to proof that and have bben discharged from five years remission for over a year now.

i would suggest contacting Or googling Macmillan or Marie Curie for more support and information especially when you know the results.

Best wishes for the future.

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @anixous2017
    Welcome to the community and I am very sorry to hear about your scan, it is really hard when facing diagnosis especially when you arent sure of the outcomes. 

Do you have a date to see your consultant yet?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • anixous2017
    Options
    Cancer in right top lung  but lmyth nodes could be affected, so nervous x
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @anixous2017, I'm so sorry to hear that. Keep us updated and if there's anything we can support or advise you with, just let us know. 
  • anixous2017
    Options
    Anyone had same thing .
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Options
    I wonder if @silverfox would like to share their experiences?
  • Rosiesmum
    Rosiesmum Community member Posts: 75 Connected
    Options

Hi @anixous2017 so sorry to hear your news when do you go to see the consultant? They often have a MarieCurie nurse present when they see you to help answer any questions about your care or treatment and to sort out if you need additional support.

If they don't there is usually a person who deals with referals to services within each hospital they used to be called Hospital social worker but I think their name is different now?I had to use them when my in laws were diagnosed.They were brilliant.

Support varies from hospital to hospital but there is a lot out there so hoping you will get what you need.

Thinking of you XX

• Pippa_Alumni
    Options
    Hey @anixous2017, it's been a while since we last caught up! How are you doing?
  • anixous2017
    Options
    Op was 7th Feb still get tired and sometimes do to much. But I am now in remission. 
    STILL have panicky days still tearful. But gettin there.

Brightness