How do you feel about having a sibblin with cerebral palsy? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do you feel about having a sibblin with cerebral palsy?

atir
atir Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Do you have sibblins with cerebral palsy? How do you feel about that? I feel quite alone and that nobody can understand me. I feel that I have a lot of responsabilities and that I grew up too quickly.

Comments

• Minimum
    Minimum Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    There is a national group that helps to support siblings- SIBS (I think it's called) - might be worth you trying to contact them.
  • CaderMac
    CaderMac Community member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    Hi @atir, thank you for sharing your experiences of having a disabled sibling. @Minimum beat to me to best advice I have, Sibs are an amazing charity that provides support for siblings of disabled people, lots of resources and an online forum can be found by following this link
    Also you might like to read this lovely Mencap blog, written by a lady called Beccy about her experience of having a disabled sibling - it's nice to know you are not alone! 

Hope that helps x
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @atir Seems a long time since you posted here and I'm wondering if you're still connected? I have only just seen your post and I understand what you are saying. Because of my late daughter's problems I came to know many families with children with CP and met many of the siblings of those children. I've seen many of the matters that concern you at first hand, and would be very glad to talk them through with you if it might help.

Brightness