ATOS TOOK TO COURT — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ATOS TOOK TO COURT

Well done to Vanessa Haley for having the strengh and courage to take Atos to court and recieved 5000 pound in compensation for the lies Atos assesser a paramedic  had wrote  . Hope she enjoys every penny. 

Comments

• Rosiesmum
    Rosiesmum Community member Posts: 75 Connected
    Brilliant news @Budgie2 I think we'll be following in her footsteps! Hope all is well with you and yours :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 215 Listener
    @Rosiesmum ....Thankyou from me and Mum 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Budgie2 How are you?  Thank you for sending this.  At last someone has the courage to do something.  Congratulations to her and best wishes to others who decide to do this.  You have my support.   I will be following in footsteps myself next time and need to look at this.  I know the forum has seen too many stories that have caused so much misery, heart ache, pain and emotions.  I hope there are more people doing this legal action.  It is time to for action.  Best wishes to those who succeed.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • [Deleted User]
    @thespiceman...hi yes give it a read it's also been printed in the Disability News Service Benefits and Poverty ...i hope more ppl are inspired by this lady ...Merry Christmas to you & your family .
  • Cestmoi15
    Cestmoi15 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thank you for your support with this. I don't know if its clear but I went through the small claims court and I'm encouraging others to follow suit. I didn't have to pay court costs because of my reduced income. We all know that the big cases are harder to bring to court,  but if many of us go in small it will serve 2 purposes, 1 highlight how many of us have been deliberately lied about, and 2 with any luck bring about death to atos by a thousand cuts. But also let's not forget tie up their legal teams. Good luck to all who take this path. 
  • [Deleted User]
     Hi @Cestmoi15 How did yours go in court ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.