Turned down for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Turned down for PIP

gillian72
gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
edited December 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello  everyone I'm a new member and this is the  1st  time  I  have  ever  asked for help  but  I can't  cope  with  my  Heath  I  have  been  turned down  for pip  because I  left  room  said I needed the  loo  but  I  said that  because I  didn't  want  to  cry in front of my daughter  because I had  been  hiding  how bad my problems  were   because she  took an overdose two yrs  ago  an  didn't  won't  her worrying at collage  but  10days after I had my medical she  quit collage an now this  I'm  heart  broken she  quit aswell 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gillian72, and welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experiences, it sounds like things have been really difficult for both you and your daughter lately. Do you have anybody you can talk to about how you're feeling?

Please do get involved with our discussions, and let us know if there's anything we can support you with. We also have plenty of friendly community members who will be more than happy to chat! I hope today is as kind as possible to you. 
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Gillian @gillian72. @PippaScope said it all really. I'd only add that you are among friends here and we are listening.
  • Rosiesmum
    Rosiesmum Community member Posts: 75 Connected

Hi @gillian72 there are many of us on here going through the same thing and it has helped keep me sane talking (non stop lol) about things. Some of us are night owls so at most times of the day there are generally people around on here who can help or at least talk to you to let you know you are not alone.

Having support while you are going through the system is a godsend and helps you get up every day.Many of us can't get out to access this so that's why forums like this are so vital.

You need to keep talking,wether it's to friends and family,or a support worker.

Your daughter also needs support it can be hard for them to hear that mum's not invincible so maybe someone could advise on the best course of support for your family?

Have you got a carers centre where you are? Ours actually has a young carers bit which is brilliant.

Best of luck in getting it all sorted XX

• gillian72
    Thank you pippa and Richard  it's been a long road  and she's  doing  great thank you both X I have spondylitis changes in cervical  spine c4 c5 c6 disc bulges  encroaching  in both neural foraminal exits, l3 l4 desiccation an annular bulge, l4 l5 diffuse disc bulge encroaching into both intervertebral neural foraminal an abutting exiting nerve roots. Arthritis in left hand an toe lol, Chd, angina an my desicion  letter was  21st of  November an  notice I only had  1month to  do  md  x
  • Rosiesmum
    Rosiesmum Community member Posts: 75 Connected

@gillian72 My dad has ankylosing spondylitis it's an awful thing and I totally get the pain you're in I'm post op after surgery to remove bulging discs myself!

Your cervical and lumbar spine are both affected which I presume limits your mobility horribly and looking at the bulges I dread to think what level of pain relief you are on for that many!

Do you have much paperwork regarding your condition or is it newly diagnosed at that may be where the issue lies...they love a paper trail.

The next thing to do is ask for a mandatory reconsideration and in the meantime try to gather more paper evidence (occupational therapy reports and physio etc)

There is lots of info on here regarding this and how best to approach it.

Have you requested a copy of the assessors report yet?

• gillian72
    Merry Christmas to u all :)  sorry I haven't been on  for a  few days  hope ur recovering well Rosie , no I have had lumber d d for nearly 8yrs  but  was  1st  time having full spine mri  which was done in July  but I  only picked it up on the day I had my medical so gave it to the health professional  an she photo copied it but  my report is dated 21st November  an  haven't phoned for md  so I've missed the dead line now 
  • gillian72
    No I  had  changed my doctor a couple of yrs ago  but I  never  go to Drs much  so don't have any other  reports as it was all on lumber so this is going to be my 1st time  seeing a neurosergeon I'm just waiting on appointment  now

• gillian72
    On my Mri report it also says could potentially  cause dynamic impingement ?? :*

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi gillian

You have two options now

You can still ask for a MR which may well be refused . If that happens then you still have the option of appealing to the tribunal. This option willif successful give you back pay to the date that your benefit was stopped

As you have no award in payment you can make a new claim. This option is a new claim and will only pay benefit from the date of this claim without any backpay 

You can also do both of the above but it can be difficult keeping the two claims separate. If you decide to do this then if the MR/tribunal find in your favour the award will be limited upto the date of the new decision

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • gillian72
    Aww thankyou  for your help an advice  cr  o:)
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You are very welcome. Please do come back with any questions

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.