Merry Christmas Everyone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Merry Christmas Everyone

wildlife
wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
This is to wish you all a Merry Christmas. I hope that whatever your disability you are able to enjoy some part of the festive season. If you are alone today, post here and you will find out you're not alone X

Comments

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Merry Christmas from me. I am supposed to be seeing my son today but I haven't heard from him yet. Chances are that he will get up very late because he probably stayed up most of the night. Hopefully I will hear from him at some point. So far the only contacts I have had have been online.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • wildlife
    @Topkitten I hope you do hear from him. I have a disabled son who I hadn't seen for some time before yesterday. He lives on his own and doesn't have any sort of life. He has a neighbour playing loud music all hours ATM and was very depressed yesterday. However he's been for dinner and seems brighter today. Don't know what the future holds as my hubby looks after him but is now 70 and I couldn't do what he does. Anyhow let's hope you at least see your son today. Have you had a Xmas dinner? Do hope so.  Pat X

• Topkitten
    @wildlife If I have a Christmas dinner it will be today and we will cook it between us. I sent him a message earlier but haven't had a reply. I will phone him soon to see what he is up to. I have a friend coming round tomorrow but we agreed to have something definitely not Xmassy, lol! It is a safety net just in case my son isn't up to seeing me. At least I still have something to look forward to.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @wildlife How are you ?  Thank you for thinking of me.  I know am not alone.  Sending message in Coffee Lounge to every one.  Thank you for commenting on anything I send or post.  Always a pleasure to talk to any one.  Thank you and I hope to speak to you again.  People ask me gosh not celebrate Christmas.  Treat like another day have jobs and things to do.  Monday usual tidy up.  Put CDs on afternoon.  Classic stuff Hope and Glory CD stirring stuff.  Have nothing to do with the day.  Make shopping list out for midweek shop plus yes ironing to do later.  Pressing engagement.  Then as there is nothing on TV load of tat.  I see La Boheme is on Puccini classic opera of love and friendship set in 18th Century France.  Very good, will enjoy that great.  I do want to spoil any ones Christmas just me Grumpy Old Man President of our little club.  Have Turkey all year around any way so tonite Some Fish being Meat Free Monday.  Saves the pennies.  No expense spared.  Once so rich every time went to the loo spent a penny.  Sorry old old joke.  Now just coping.  Just want the day to go quick then back into New Year where the battle begins again.  The usual fighting for our community.  Looking forward to uphill struggle for recognition and supporting my friends on this forum.  Best wishes to all.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Neil2017
    Neil2017 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
    Hi @wildlife @Topkitten and @thespiceman
    Merry Christmas to all. Very good day here. Interesting to hear different piints of view onnwhat’s Happening in their lives.
    Neil
  • wildlife
    Hi again everyone, Yes it is, so long as we don't try to preach to each other and respect that each person has the right to their own beliefs about what Christmas means to them. If I posted about my own beliefs in Coffee Lounge I'd probably be argued with but I don't really care. That's why I started this discussion just to reach out and find others who were not having such a good time. @thespiceman thank-you for your post. The important thing is that you're doing what you want to do today not what you think you ought to be doing. @Topkitten any news from your son? @Neil2017 I agree with you. We lived in France for a few years and Christmas there was not commercialized like it is here, at least not where we lived in the heart of the countryside. It's a much simpler time where status and how much money is spent is not important. Villages decorate with natural branches from the countryside and everyone is far more kind to each other and to outsiders which we were. That's what it should be like. I was pleased yesterday to see my 6 year old Grandson enjoying the skipping rope I bought him. A timeless toy that only costs a few £'s. He enjoys giving as much as receiving. As we left he was screaming from the front door "Grandad Bob I love you". That's MOH who he adores. Enjoy what is left of Xmas and do whatever makes you happy or at least more comfortable. x
  • thespiceman
    Hello @wildlife Thank you.  I am also think of only others who are not here and the contribution that gave to every one in our lives.  I in my own world am OK but it is always tinged with sadness because those people that I always remember who lost their fight with addiction.  Some how around this time of year.  So they are in my prayers and thoughts.  We as society forget that Christmas means diffierent things to every body and we should always respect that.  I since joining see every ones view and opinion and they all be respected regardless.  I just do understand.  I had a Christmas for many many years shall we say rubbing your nose in it.  Made to join in and made to feel awkward.  Uncomfortable in every sense.  I can for once now just treat the day as painful memories that still hurt.  I wished to move on regardless of what has happened but it is some how be there in the back of my mind .  Thank you for thinking of all of us.  Best wishes.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Neil2017 Thank you for reply.  Yes how are you?  How have you coped today?    Best wishes and on ward to New Year now.  More stimulating debate and chat  I hope.  Lots of positivity, I think.  Take care speak to you soon.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Neil2017
    Hi @wildlife
    i could quite easily get lost in France. A nice little villa out in the country but maybe not to far from Paris. It does seem to be quite a different style of life over there in many ways. But then it would be dull if all countries were exactly the same. 

Still it it is good to see that Euston train station was used today to feed 200 homeless and entertain them with some Carols. What awesome Christmas spirit.
  • Neil2017
    Hello @thespiceman
    Your welcome on my comments, etc. Positivity is the new buzzword over Xmas and into 2018 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Merry Christmas everyone!! 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • wildlife
    Merry Christmas Sam. Hope you haven't eaten too much and now regretting it like me. If someone stuck a pin in my stomach I reckon I'd go whizzing around the room. Anyhow hope you've had a good Xmas x

• Topkitten
    @wildlife , thank you for your concern. Yes, I have heard from him and he came over about 6pm then we did dinner between us. Even pulled a couple of crackers (I mean the decoration kind, not the lady kind, lol!). He is still here and is staying over until tomorrow but a couple of his friends have also come round and w are having a nice time. They have got me into one of the trading card games called Magic and we have played a couple of games.

See? There are some advantages to being single, lol!

TK
  • wildlife
    @Topkitten That's good to hear that you weren't alone on Christmas Day. Sounds like you have a lovely son who didn't forget his Mum. My other son is like that, always ringing for a chat and we're included whenever there's a Birthday or Christmas to celebrate. Hope the rest of the holiday goes well for you..X

Brightness