Christmas — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Christmas

Juanita007
Juanita007 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
Unable to travel to be with close family due to benefits cuts. I did not send a single card this year for the same reason. The most miserable Christmas I have ever experienced. Did not have the traditional dinner either. Since having a medical assessment on July 31st and getting notification that my higher mobility rate and living component ceased as of August 29th, I have been really struggling emotionally and financially. The woman who did the interview could not bring herself to report real facts, she had to make her up her own. Tribunal date still awaits me.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Juanita

I am so sorry you had such a miserable time
    Have you rung the tribunal clerk for an update of the waiting time in your area ?

As you have no award in payment you can make a new claim but this can be confusing, keeping the two separate but if the waiting time is far of it might be an option.
    If you decide to do this please come back and we will explain the complexities of doing this

There is lots of info on this site so pleasehave a look around and come back with any questions

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Juanita007
    Juanita007 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Many thanks for your kind words and advice.

Brightness