Hi, my name is lg67! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lg67!

lg67
lg67 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My daughter was asked to attend her PIP review on 18/12/17 she was not sent a questionnaire and therefore this was completed by the assessor during the review (which she made clear she was not happy about). The decision letter arrived on 22/12/17 withdrawing PIP, however the date of the decision letter is 14/12/17, 4 days before review. I plan to submit a mandatory reconsideration, but is any if the action I mentioned acceptable or legal?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello lg67 and welcome

This does indeed sound very strange.

You should ask for a copy of the assessment report
    I would also suggest that you should request a call back from a DM to discuss your concerns

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lg67
    lg67 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
     Hi CR and thank you for your reply.

We are going to ask for a copy of the assessment report.  However, before I ring DWP, as the assessor completed the questionnaire during the assessment, should the replies documented not have been read back to my daughter to clarify.  I find this practice highly disturbing.

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    I have not come across this before. It is disturbing and needs to be investigated. First try the DM but if you cannot get a satifactory answer get your local MP involved.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.