Hi, my name is Emmee! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Emmee!

Options
Emmee
Emmee Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Really hoping that I can get some advice and support from here. I have had Fybromyalgia for years but still managed a full time senior position, then just over 4 yrs ago a car accident left me with mobility problems and chronic pain, a long with other issues.
I’ve tried to remain positive eg it’s not going to beat me. I get knocked back dust myself off and try again 
But PIP has knocked me back again

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Emmee and welcome

What stage are you at with PIP ?
    Have you challenged the decision at MR and tribunal ?
    Have you had a copy of the assessment report ?

It is important to understand the points system, descriptors and criteria for an award. A good starting place is the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

There is also lots of info on this site. Please have a look round and come back with any questions

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Emmee
    Emmee Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks CR
    I orig got awarded min pip for Home care challenged but didn’t go further. This time renewal  I’ve just had my f2f and been dealt the blow of not scoring enough but they have maintained the min for Home. 
    Thank you for the link having had a look at this I wish I had done so before my f2f.
    Im going to press for a reconsideration.
  • Neil2017
    Neil2017 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @Emmee
    and welcome. Hope you get your PIP sorted out.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Emmee

You should definately ask for an MR, if you can supply any further evidence this is the time to do so. You should also be prepared to appeal to tribunal if necessary as the success rate is much higher.
    Please do ask any questions as there is a wealth of experiance here to help

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.