Hi, my name is Angeljo3xxx! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Angeljo3xxx!

Options
Angeljo3xxx
Angeljo3xxx Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I’m Lou! Mum to my 11year old daughter who has high functioning autism. 
It has been an awful Christmas! 
Not only did my partner leave 3 days before Christmas because he said his not strong enough to cope with how things are at home! 
My daughter decided to wreck Christmas Day! I was told every minute of the day that she hates me, I’m a loner who no one wants to be with, she hopes she never turned out like me.... etc etc! she trashed her room, ruined dinner and the list goes on. I was in tears all day... 

i love my my daughter with all my heart, but I feel like I’m not coping at the moment! 
Im currently part home schooling to so had to give up work! 
The thing I’m struggling with most is that most of her behaviour is not the autism! She is very naughty! 
I’m just finding things really hard. 

Louis x

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Lou @Angeljo3xxx

First of all, welcome to the community. You're among friends and will, I am sure, find a lot of support here.
    I am very, very sorry to hear that you've had such a tough time. Words almost fail me. There's not much more that I can do, other than listen, but there are others here, I'm sure, who will be able to properly advise and support you.
    My own knowledge of Autism comes only from having worked for ten years or so with ASD students in a local high school and from reading on http://community.autism.org.uk/  (a resource you might find useful).
    The 'walking away partner' IS something I can directly relate to, and it is awful. My son was then too young to understand what was happening but went through a horrible time anyway, and when my dad walked out on my family so many years ago I, as a 9/10 year old was profoundly affected by it. Perhaps this has something to do with the way your daughter is behaving at present?
    Are you getting any useful level of professional support?
    We're here, we're listening. Tell us anything/ask us anything, and we will try to support you.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

• Chaoskay
    Chaoskay Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Options
    Hiya @Angeljoe3xxx
    Welcome to the group.  It's nice here.  :)
    Things sound very tough at the minute, I think Christmas can often make things worse, because the media tries to enforce a 'you must have fun' rule and when your life is upside down, that's not always possible.  
    Just to let you know you aren't on your own with your struggles and I'm sure there's others on here who will be able to help and advise you.
    My son is 9 and has Autism, we've found a lot of help at a local ASD centre.  Is there anything like that in your area?
    Looking forward to seeing your posts and I do hope things improve.  It may be a long road, but we'll walk with you.  
    Take care, K
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Angeljo3xxx

Good evening & welcome to the gang !!!!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear of you current problems !!!!!!!

What a time to get up & leave you both !!!!!!

I'm sure your daughter doesn't mean what she is saying !!!!!

Children in the "autism spectrum" find "change" very very difficult to deal with !!!

Please please let me know if there is any help/support that I can offer you ????

Many thanks. 

Brightness