Hi, my name is lyd6dg! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lyd6dg!

lyd6dg
lyd6dg Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited December 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Just got my review form . Absolutely bricking it ..I could lose my mobility car  my PIP n ESA. I'm panicking  as I lost it all 3 years ago this included my home n my pets n has to go to magistrate's court to appeal up against 4 disgustingly vile people who were more concerned about  how I ponytailed my hair n nothing else . I have got much worse since my re-enstated  PIP 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @lyd6dg and welcome to the community. 
    New here myself, not much more than a 'listener and sharer', I don't have an answer to your specific concerns, but there will be others here who will be able to help you. You are among friends here. And if listening is all I can effectively do, at present, I will do it :)
    Very best wishes to you
    Richard
  • lyd6dg
    Thank you I appreciate it 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    hello lyd6dg and welcome

The first thing is to understand the points system,descriptors and the criteria for an award. A good starting place is the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

There is also lots of great info on this site soo please have a look around and come back with any questions

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lyd6dg

It's great to meet you this evening !!!!!!

We have got plenty off "help/support/advice" on "benefit's"

You need to be careful with the differences in "pip" 

Please please let me know if I can point you in the direction ?????

Thank's.

• lyd6dg
    Thank you have tried again to fill it in but find it overwhelms my brain so I put it back down n its gets closer to the date it has to be returned to by
  • CockneyRebel
    Just try breaking it down and do a bit at a time, try not to worry about it. All you have to do is explain the difficulties you have and why. Remember to keep a copy of it before you send it off

CR
  • lyd6dg
    Yes I keep thinking I' ll do a bit each day .what scares me is the assesors don't understand my symptoms ..
  • CockneyRebel
    The main thing to try and explain is the difficulties you have with performing the descriptor activties. PIP is not so much about your condition, disability or symtoms but about how they affect the things you can and cannot do.

So for example, if you have difficulty preparing food, why is this
    do you need an aid to chop vegetables because your grip is poor due to arthritis ?
    do you need to sit when using a cooker hob because you become breathless due to asthema
    Do you need assistance or supervision to prepare and cook a simple meal because you lose concentration and forget that things are cooking /hot/not cooked properly ?

Try doing this for each descriptor one at a time. Make notes as you go through each section and transfer to the form when you are happy with your answers.

Do one descriptor at a time then take a break

CR

• lyd6dg
    I'm determined to get it started tomorrow .. thank you for the advice will put it to good use 
  • CockneyRebel
    Good for you. You can do it. Just come back if you have any questions and we will try and help

CR
  • lyd6dg
    Finished it n posted it off yesterday..now feeling really sick to my stomach In dreading it...
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lyd6dg

“Well Done”

“Don’t Worry”

“Don’t Feel Sick”

”Remain Confident”

”If Poss”

Many Many Thanks!!!!  
  • CockneyRebel
    Well done lyd6dg

No more you can do now so give yourself a rest.
    We will still be here if you need us

CR
  • lyd6dg
    Thank you ..my stress levels are through the roof which doesn't help my illness or depression . It's just a waiting game now

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.