Understanding SMI changes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Understanding SMI changes

Lisa0110Vincent
Lisa0110Vincent Community member Posts: 2 Listener
It's really difficult to understand the smi changes.Following a phone call to office that is implementing the legislation , I have been promised a cali back within two days. I'll hopefully understand the many implications and  post an update when I can.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lisa0110Vincent

Good Evening it’s great to meet you today.

Yes please let me know how you get on ?????
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lisa0110Vincent, and welcome to the community!

It does seem to be a complicated issue. I hope the call comes soon, and you may also like to take a look at this past discussion on SMI which contains a some information about the changes.
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @Lisa0110Vincent,

Welcome to the community!

I hope you were able to look at the other discussion about the changes to SMI that @PippaScope suggested. Please join us all as we also try to work out the implications of the changes and find the information needed which is lacking at the moment.

Did you have your call yet? Do let us know.

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • Lisa0110Vincent
    Lisa0110Vincent Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi it's been a very busy few weeks as I have constantly been looking at the support for mortgage interest issue trying to find out information . I've tried to spread the word ,gain support ,I like many of you have signed petitions .Today I've read the smi benefit changes impact statement , as I found interesting section on reading the equality act 2010 about the indirect discrimination. I will be emailing the minister for disabled people Sarah Newton M.P to ask her views on the unfair change of a benefit to a loan. Has anyone started or joined a campaign? 
    We had a call from sirco on Friday but I've delayed it till this Wednesday .
     I've enquired about returning my motability car early so we would have money instead. 

Brightness