Insomnia — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Insomnia

Toffee26
Toffee26 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Anyone suffer from 
Insomnia & fibromyalgia 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Toffee26 and welcome to the community. I noticed your other post in Introductions too. There are a number of fibromyalgia sufferers here, so you will soon get some answers to your question. If you type the word 'fibromyalgia' into the Search box at the top of the page that will take you to some of the discussions, blogs and other things on the site.
    You may have found them already, but the Fibromyalgia Association site looks as if it might be of use to you, too. It's at http://www.fmauk.org/contactsmenu/supportgroups
    Welcome again, and I hope we may prove to be of service to you,
    With warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Great to meet you, @Toffee26!
  • Tracybuchanan
    Tracybuchanan Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi,I suffer from chronic insomnia.its got worse since I was diagnosed with FND. I use sleeping pills a couple of times a week just so I actually get some sleep.any tips?
  • Toffee26
    Toffee26 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Dr has put me on sleeping tablets have 2 take 1 a night for 4days then 3nights off ..then 4 on 3off am hoping it's going to help so far I have 4hrs sleep the 1st night & 2hrs the 2nd night .. I try and go for a walk outside everyday if possible & keep busy with chores at home & watch a lot of Netflix.My body is exhausted but my brain seems to be active all the time are let u know how I am when r finished the short course of pills it drives me mad not being able to sleep ..I get really jealous of people who can fall asleep just like that ..but I did got told as we get older we need less sleep & with fibromyalgia it causes sleep disturbances..never ending circle .
    Take care speak to you soon xxx

Brightness