It's very hard at time to be a carer — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

It's very hard at time to be a carer

Izzyc
Izzyc Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am a carer and my role has taken its toll on me. I am disabled my self now. My husband is a poorly man also. We get no help as such. I still have to fight for everything it’s very hard at times.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Izzyc and welcome to the community. You're among friends here, and very, VERY, many of them will relate directly to your comment about having to fight for everything.
    So now we must try to find out what can do to help you  :)  Can you give us some indication of what help you're looking for/struggling to get, and perhaps tell us a bit more about the health conditions involved? It will help us direct you to the best resources.
    In the meantime, know that you are in a safe place and - as I said - among friends. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.
    Warmest best wishes to you and to your husband,
    Richard

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Izzyc
    Welcome to the community.

Carers UK have some great resources you might like to look through, from financial, practical and health.

You could also try the benefits calculator to see if you could be entitled to any help,
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Carrieanne
    Carrieanne Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    I can relate to this. I now only have 3 sons at home 2 of which are disabled. I’m not well myself and a single parent who works part time. I just don’t know how I cope some days x
  • kaur
    kaur Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    Sorry to hear u facing a hard time I really hope things will imrove for the both of u. Being on this forum helps to talk about whats bothering u etc o:)

Brightness