PIP mandatory reconsideration - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP mandatory reconsideration

Comments

• rainbow58
    rainbow58 Community member Posts: 80 Courageous
    No, there's no extra form for tribunals. You submit what you want to.
    No, there's no extra form for tribunals. You submit what you want to.
    do they tell you that and provide a forwarding address?did you have to go through this?
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2017
    @rainbow58

Unlike assessments, tribunals are impartial and are made up of professional people.  There is a doctor, a lawyer (the judge) and a disability expert.  Their purpose is to find out what you can and can't do.  If your answer isn't clear, they'll ask supplementary questions that should enable you to clarify what you mean.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    When you receive the bundle you will have the address to send your submission

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • rainbow58
    thank you-need to call CAB .

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Getting help from CAB is a very good idea if you can.

The "formula" that I posted I have used to win appeals for my wife and four other claims.  So I do know what you are going through

Even if you can get help from CAB there is no harm in making a start yourself

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • rainbow58
    I went to the CAB re my ESA  and was awarded that without an assessment-been on IB since 1998 -so as far as i am concerned if they can automatically change IB to ESA why cant they change DLA automatically to PIP.They use the excuse its a new benefit -well so was ESA.It is not as though we are new claimants.thats my views on it,i know n ot everyone will agree.
    i didnt re PIP -filled form out b y myself but went to CAB when turned down for PIP.

Almost every descriptor/justification was incorrect and lies and the same for almost every activity.I will try and make a start-i dont know if i will get a supportive letter from my GP as i havent been  with this one long and he has no idea how my conditions affect me-he said last time that he couldnt  say i had arthritis because it was not in my notes and i have several problems still undiagnosed.so i have a lot going on with GP issues right now and when i have told other gp's  in the practice that I couldnt walk far or uphill steps all they said was "you walk ok here"but only saw me walk literally less than 2 metres.
    anyway thanks i will try and print off what you said as a guide.
  • rainbow58
    the CAB no longer provide support at tribunals due to withdrawal of funding would a welfare rights service provide support?
  • rainbow58
    hi  i had a tribuanl in 2005 froexactly the same reason pthe assessor lied throughout and had a CAB representative then
  • rainbow58
    hi mike i havent received the letter yet but did receive an email from my MP's office  re reply to  my complaint to IAS-and from the gist of glancing through it -it seems the same lies made and excuses etc.
    have asked MP where to go from here as once again they are lying and not accepting the assessors lies -fabrications etc.

• rainbow58
    thanks Mike. I pointed out the contradictions -lies and assumptions etc to the MP.and have done for the tribunal-or will do,whether or not i handle the complaint myself they will still "have an answer for everything",.one councillor told me to contact my MP as MP's have clout over the NHS but MP said she cant do anything (not re PIP-another matter which she did help me with last year but declined thsi time).
  • dottydotty
    dottydotty Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering
    rainbow58   On your decision letter does  it read   " I have changed the descriptor  choices  previously  chosen "    Reason I ask  is because it said this on mine and I only scored  2  points ,  so don't know if assessor scored me higher ,  or if it refers to  my assessment way back in 2014 . 
  • dottydotty
    mikehughescq   it would be my report from my 2014 assessment that I need to see to compare ,      bearing  in mind the descriptors  have changed since 2014 especially with regards to mobility .
  • dottydotty
    mikehughescq  Thankyou  , I will ask for a  copy of my 2014 report. .Also i am hoping the MR will take into account the mobility changes which came into effect after my assessment 29th Dec 2017. My decision letter was dated Sunday 07/01/2018    .I sensed the need for speed .
  • dottydotty
    mikehughescq  As mentioned above, my assessment was 29th Dec 2017 .   Soon after this date we heard the news  that the  Govt had  changed the mobility rules regarding Mobility and mental health .  My question is this  will the MR decision maker use the rules that applied  on Dec 29th 2017  .  or comply with the new rules regarding  mobility and mental health . 
  • dottydotty
    mikehughesq  Thankyou  Hopefully the RM decision maker will adjust my scores accordingly .
  • rainbow58
    mike  do ypu think the DWP will send me a copy of my 2005 assessment/tribunal result
  • dottydotty
    rainbow58   I was told to also write to the assessors company in my case CAPITA as they hold information about me .  They have done my last 2 asessments
  • rainbow58
    Dottydotty  did Capita send them to you?
  • dottydotty
    rainbow58   I am still waiting,   apparently they have to send them within  40 days of asking . Ii am hoping it will include everything , medical , letters  etc . I have also lodged a complaint with Capita  and am still awaiting my reply .
  • dottydotty
    rainbow58  I have been on ESA ,  DLA .  PIP  so should be quite a considerably amount of information .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.