Fuel Payments - making life easier — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fuel Payments - making life easier

Geoark
Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
Sorry for the new thread but could not find the original one.

I mentioned the challenges of automatically putting people on benefits onto the cheapest tarrif for them, Data Protection Act being a primary stumbling block.

Today the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has opened a conultation on DWP sharing information of clients on certain benefits, with their permission, with their fuel suppliers. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43022840

If you would like to take part in the consultation you will be able to find a link to it at https://beisgovuk.citizenspace.com/consultation_finder/ though it was not listed at the time of this post, but worth keeping an eye on the link if you are interested.

As an individual I stood alone.
As a member of a group I did things.
As part of a community I helped to create change!

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Does anyone know why we have not had the £25 cold payment?
    Its been colder this last 3 months ie: all the bloody snow
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Misscleo

You need to check the criteria has been met for your post code

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • jamie1965
    jamie1965 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Hi please don’t shout but I work for energy company and we don’t have any tariffs for low income families they government are not allowed to say what tariffs are offered something to do with competition laws they can speak to the heads of the companies and make surgestions but can. It tell them what they can charge for there product just as they cannot tell a baker what to charge for there bread the reason they not allowed to put you on the lowest Tartuffe without speaking to you is that there may be other tariffs that offer different discounts or could be that the lowest tariff does. It benefit you cause you are on e7 meter or heat wise meter there are lots of things involved init so it is always best to call the provider have them look at your useage and recommend the best meter for you and then the best tariffs so tariffs have exits fees some don’t you have to able to make a more informed session about which one you want some companies do point system for shops and they will charge a higher amount in these tariffs and customers do prefer to pay the extra for the perks they might get I have spoken to many customers and told them about the tariffs they on and tried to change them to save money but they have not wanted to change so I guess they have to look at the needs of each individual we would all love lower energy bills but off gem make the rules and even they are not allowed to say what the companies charge for the fuels sorry might not be what people want to hear but as long as I have worked for my companie they will always look at what has been said by the government but it was the government that privatised the energy industry and gave way to the big 6 and put into place the business competition laws and only they can change that 
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Thanks for your info.
    Still.  does anyone know why we have not had the £25 that we get when the temp drops and the snow falls and its bloody freezing.
    Wev had loads of freezing snow so wheres the £25 wr promised 
  • smithd
    smithd Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    how do you apply for cold weather payment ?
  • Geoark
    The consultation has now been added to the conusltation website.

• jamie1965
    jamie1965 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    There has to be weather a a certain point where the temp drops to zero or below for 7 days in a row then they pay it each area has its own point of ref in Leeds it is ikley moor and the top of the evening post build building if you ask the benefits agency for your area they should be able to tell you which point of reference they use 
  • Geoark
    @Misscleo assumedly you meet the criteria for a cold weather payment?

As @CockneyRebel said you also need to check if the cold weather criteria has been met ie 7 continuous days where the temperature is recorded as, or forecast to be, zero degrees celsius or below for 7 consecutive days

You can do this by going to https://coldweatherpayments.dwp.gov.uk and entering the first part of your post code. This wil tell you how many cold weather payments there have been in  your area so far this year.

Payment is normally within 14 days, if you have not received payments you were due than you need to contact either your pension centre or job centre plus office.

• Geoark
    Hello @smithd and welcome to the community.

If you qualify then it will normally be automatically paid within 14 days. You can find out more at https://www.gov.uk/cold-weather-payment if you are eligible but not received a payment see my reply to Misscleo on how to check if or how many payments have been made in your area and what to do if you have not received any payments you are due.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.