I am mum to a wonderful daughter with Down Syndrome. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am mum to a wonderful daughter with Down Syndrome.

Ambersmum
Ambersmum Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am mum to a wonderful daughter with Down Syndrome. I have three other children, two of whom struggle with  mental health problems. My other daughter has given me two beautiful granddaughter's, both have ASD and the elder one has severe global delay. Life is SO hard and everything is a fight to get anywhere. If I can help at all by being here that's great. Things HAVE to change.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Ambersmum and welcome to the community. I am very glad you found your way to us, and it is an honour to meet you.
    I am sure there will be many here who can benefit from your input and I look forward to getting to know you better. In the meantime, is there anything we might possibly be able to do to help and support you?
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
  • jaycee6
    jaycee6 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    HI ambersmum..Join the club i have a 21 year old daughter with downs A 9 year old granddaughter with severe CP,and my other daughter has 2 of her 3 children with autism. """ years ago my life was just normal,Then disability entered into our lives not once but 4 times.Am i still happy yes ,do i still have a life yes , is it the one i planned No,But its still okay  ,Just take life one day at a time nobody knows their future so why worry about it, I find pleasure in little things now.The path I chose for myself is different to the one God gave me, I must admit life is a fight and i agree we have to fight together.This site is great as we both realise now we are not the only ones with more than one disability in the family.
  • kellyp13
    kellyp13 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi my son is 10 and has Downs syndrome 

Brightness