Depression and Anxiety and work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Depression and Anxiety and work

Lesleyanne73
Lesleyanne73 Scope Member Posts: 7 Listener
edited February 2018 in Work and employment
I've been  struggling with both Anxiety and Depression and I have had  panic attacks to. I don't know how to express properly what I want to say. I work for [workplace edited by moderator] and they don't know how to  understand  me. I now have a Trespass notice to a another  store and a written warning because of it.
I feel  discriminated by it.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lesleyanne73
    Welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you are having a tough time.  I have removed your company name to ensure privacy.

Have you spoken to your HR team about your mental health challenges? 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lesleyanne73, how are you doing?
  • Lesleyanne73
    I am finding it difficult to  talk to my husband about my problems and my feelings both to do with him and my job. 
    He doesn't  like confrontation at all and this has made it difficult for me to talk to him 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    That's really tough @Lesleyanne73

Is there anyone you can talk to? Or perhaps you could write your husband a letter to explain how you are feeling?

Have you spoke to HR at work about your work issues?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Lesleyanne73
    edited February 2018
    I dont know if [removed] have an HR department and I'm not sure how to find out.
    It worries me as I have a final written warning and a Trespass notice as the managers will not believe me as I have said to them that I'm not remotely interested in a manager who is treating me unfairly. In some way I feel that this manager is discriminating me somehow and it has more than upset me as I know all the managers like to gang up together and treat their staff unfairly
  • Lesleyanne73
    T really feel that there isn't anyone who I can talk to, who wont judge me.
    I can't even talk to my husband about it.
  • Lesleyanne73
    I am going to a councilling and I do now have support from Mencap now, thou
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    So sorry to hear about your experiences, @Lesleyanne73. I've removed the company name to ensure privacy but if you do want to get in touch with their HR department, just google the company's name and 'human resources', and there should be contact information on that page.

I'm glad to hear that you're going to counselling and have support from Mencap. It's really important that you have people who you know you can talk to about your experiences. Do keep in touch and let us know how you get in with work, and if we can be of any assistance, just let us know!

Brightness