Proving my agoraphobia — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Proving my agoraphobia

rachel1988
rachel1988 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
I wondered if someone could please give me some tips on what would help,I am asking for one as I have been put in the work related activity group and have agoraphobia so I cant leave my house,I will contact my doctor to ask for a letter and I can print off bank statements to prove my food is always delivered,but is there anything else? is there anyone who has tried this and got a good result? I am currently waiting for a copy of what they have wrote about me 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rachel1988
    Its good you are contacting your doctor and the bank statements are a good thought.  Do you see any therapists? Any medical people you see would be good to get in touch with.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • jamie1965
    jamie1965 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Your energy statement would show you have constant usage in the house more than would be needed for some one is is not home much on the eon website you can check your usage as faints simalar house holds in your area you can print that off to put against your bill 
  • rachel1988
    thank you, unfortunately I am not under any professionals at the minute as I am unable to get out 
  • jamie1965
    You can refer your self to mental health team and occ health through your local adult services local council they can send someone out who can do a report for you free of charge 
  • rachel1988
    Might be worth it 
  • jamie1965
    What is the worse that could happen they give you help and might even contact the benefits for you at least you will have a paper trail the the benefits can check it’s local government run agency I called them yesterday they did over the phone assessment and they have put me on a list for appointment by occ health worker to give  me a report to support my claim and get me into a more suitable home I knew nothing about them till my housing officer told me that they hold a lot swaye with applications 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.