THINGS GET WORSE — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

THINGS GET WORSE

Annabelle26
Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
I have now received a letter asking me to go for a F2F Assessment for my ESA.  The appointment time was not suitable as it was too early & I would have had to get an early bus which gets crowded.  At first I though it was another assessment for my PIP and that they had cancelled the Tribunal.  When the person went into my record & told me it was for my ESA I just burst into tears & got really anxious & upset.    The person I was speaking to was nice & helped me calm down.  She checked & there is not a suitable appointment at present & I am on a list for when a suitable appointment comes up.   She has put I want an afternoon appointment.  I said what about the daily quota system & the Assessor puts in an inaccurate report & I lose my ESA.  She assured me none of that happens. I have also messaged my MP to see if he can get the review cancelled as when I commented on his Facebook page about the Guardian article he offered his help with PIP.  I am struggling financially at present with losing my PIP so I cannot afford to lose ESA as well. :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:(:(:(:(
I now have a splitting headache & will have to take painkillers & lie down.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Im sorry you are having such a tough time @Annabelle26
    Do you have a CAB near you who could offer any support?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Annabelle26
    There are problems at the local CAB they are struggling with funds & staff.
  • debkenzo
    debkenzo Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Hello Annabelle26.
    My name is Debbie.  Welcome to the forum.  I am so sorry to hear what is happening to you right now.  Did you say that you have lost your PIP?  Have your asked for a Mandatory Reconsideration for your PIP?  Or are you at the Tribunal stage?  Is it possible that you could ask your Doctor to write you a letter to explain your situation and then to ring the DWP and request a home visit for your ESA assessement?
  • Annabelle26
    I am waiting for a Tribunal date.  I have been to the Doctors but they do not issue letters but if the DWP write to them she will let me know & give them the information required.  They will not give me a home visit as they know it is not a problem getting to the Assessment.  I  suffer slightly from Paranoia so feel the DWP are running a vendetta against me because I complained about my treatment at my PIP assessment.  The only thing that keeps me going are my cats especially my older one who is 17 years old & I have had since she was 4 months old.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear about your experience, @Annabelle26. Please do keep us updated and we'll help wherever we can. How are you feeling today? I had a cat for 17 years too, they really do make the best companions for when you're feeling low!  
  • Annabelle26
    Feeling a bit better today.  The stress yesterday has triggered my virus so feeling tired & yucky but otherwise all right.  Thank you for your concern.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery from the virus, @Annabelle26!
  • Annabelle26
    Thank you.  The virus is an ongoing problem I have had for several years on & off.  One of the triggers is excessive stress.  All the problems with my PIP & now this review of my ESA means I get easily stressed at present.  I have been in bed all day but feel a bit better.  However I did have a positive boost when I opened my post. I had won a small amount on the local Hospice lottery.  This made me feel a bit better.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.