blue badge farce — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

blue badge farce

maid08
maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
okay so now we have a new bit of paper for blue badge mine runs out next month so new application filled in till i came to  4points for mobility and 12 for a journey ummmmm  i got 11 in total so here we go lieing aceser has cost me near 6000 quid now my blue badge ??but wait a min  wales is labour run mine is labour council umm are labour agreeing with conservatives now  get rid disabled people ??? 

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Sure looks like it.
    Lets VOTE OUT mps who are against disabled people
  • maid08
    Misscleo said:
    Sure looks like it.
    Lets VOTE OUT mps who are against disabled people
    ohh this local mp gets no support from me she sits in parlimant day after day never opens her mouth is ignorant and dispite voters voteing out she stated she is not going with her own  voters she wants in but is a  mep to  

• stephenjohn
    stephenjohn Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
         Why do we need a blue badge anyway ? With modern electronic systems the car once registered will be on an electronic data base ,when scanned by the boys in blue or the helpful(?) parking warden it will come up on their system ......every thing else has gone that way ,no tax disc,insurance certificate,mot certificate ....why can’t they include blue badges ?
  • jamie1965
    jamie1965 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Only issue with putting blue badge on line it will only be able to use it in one car I don’t drive so who ever drives me uses the badge that day 
  • stephenjohn
    I think you can register 3 cars !
  • jamie1965
    jamie1965 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Think that will still be an issue cause sometimes I see my sister who drives hire cars and my partner drives work cars and vans
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    We need tge blue badge to stay as ut is FIR THE DUSABLED PERSON TO GET HELP FROM A DRIVER. Some of us are reLly disabled and need to ask a driver to take us to hospital apps etc
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    jamie1965 said:
    Only issue with putting blue badge on line it will only be able to use it in one car I don’t drive so who ever drives me uses the badge that day 
    This is not the correct info/advice. A Blue badge is registered to a disabled person and NOT the car. This means that you can use your blue badge in 100 cars if you want to and it will make no difference. The badge is the property of the person that it belong to and only the disabled person is allowed to use it. It is an offence to use another person blue badge...
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • maid08
    jamie1965 said:
    This is not the correct info/advice. A Blue badge is registered to a disabled person and NOT the car. This means that you can use your blue badge in 100 cars if you want to and it will make no difference. The badge is the property of the person that it belong to and only the disabled person is allowed to use it. It is an offence to use another person blue badge...
    the form i filled i had to put car reg on and if i had two both were to go on  so eaither they changed it or its not the person like before

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    maid08 said:
    jamie1965 said:
    the form i filled i had to put car reg on and if i had two both were to go on  so eaither they changed it or its not the person like before

Yes, that's correct BUT it doesn't mean that the badge is to be used in those cars only. A blue badge comes with the person NOT the vehicle. It's also optional whether you fill in those boxes on the form. I use my blue badge in any car i travel in, and that's more than 3 different ones. As clearly stated in this link here..
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/help-for-disabled-travellers1/blue-badge-scheme/using-your-blue-badge/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • stephenjohn
       When a vehicle is taxed it has a taxation class if people owned a car in this class then that will show up on the P.N.C and the D.V.L.A data base as disabled ,if you are lucky enough to own 2 or3 cars then they will all be registered as disabled class .....if you don’t own a car then the option to have a blue badge could be your choice ,you will no doubt know somebody who miss uses a blue badge .........I have seen gross mis use many times ......
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    maid08 said:

ohh this local mp gets no support from me she sits in parlimant day after day never opens her mouth is ignorant and dispite voters voteing out she stated she is not going with her own  voters she wants in but is a  mep to  

Hi @maid08 I am a little confused by the end of your post as you seem to be suggesting she is an MP and an MEP, this has not been possible since 2002.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2018
    Misscleo said:
    We need tge blue badge to stay as ut is FIR THE DUSABLED PERSON TO GET HELP FROM A DRIVER. Some of us are reLly disabled and need to ask a driver to take us to hospital apps etc
    the currrent blue badge is not just for those who rely on others to drive for them, as disabled drivers can also get blue badges.

I am also interested in who you would class as not 'really disabled'.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • maid08
    Geoark said:
    maid08 said:

Hi @maid08 I am a little confused by the end of your post as you seem to be suggesting she is an MP and an MEP, this has not been possible since 2002.
    she is listed as mp?and mep

• maid08
    maid08 said:
    jamie1965 said:

Yes, that's correct BUT it doesn't mean that the badge is to be used in those cars only. A blue badge comes with the person NOT the vehicle. It's also optional whether you fill in those boxes on the form. I use my blue badge in any car i travel in, and that's more than 3 different ones. As clearly stated in this link here..
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/help-for-disabled-travellers1/blue-badge-scheme/using-your-blue-badge/

maid08 said:
    jamie1965 said:

Victoriad said:
    Oh goodness here we go again!

Disabled people ranting against other disabled people!

eg “ some of us are really disabled”......what a heap of nonesense.

Is this post trying to imply that somehow there are people who have been awarded a Blue Badge, not really Disabled?

Does this post mean we all have to be walking about in crutches? Use a wheelchair to be really disabled? Before we are awarded a Blue Badge?

The blue Badge awards system is vigorous.........for a reason.
    The reason being that the person awarded the blue badge has an impairment either visible or invisible.

As a fellow disabled person at least have some compassion to other disabled persons.......you should be ashamed of yourself!

well if you look at form i filled in this week u need 12 points for journey and 8points for mobility or moving about or you can be accessed now   unless its just this council rules these days my last one was 11 points in total and i had badge this time refused as not enough points for just journey???and i supplied doctors letter 
  • [Deleted User]
  • maid08
    victoriad since when has my post said anything about disabled people i state looks like labour agreeing with gov get rid disabled people  i can't see an insult there
  • maid08
    Victoriad said:
    I included a copy of my Pip award letter along with my application.
    and i sat in front of an employee with my awards doctors report consultants report 11 points not good enough 

• [Deleted User]

Brightness