Road tax exempt — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Road tax exempt

clare_1
clare_1 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
edited February 2018 in Transport and travel
Hello 
I have a question about road tax exemptions.
It was my first time at receiving this with my claim and I was wondering if DVLA back date your road tax to the date of your PIP claim?

Comments

• duckett123
    duckett123 Community member Posts: 81 Courageous
    yes they can I had pip standard rate in 2015 didn't no I could get 50% off my tax they refunded me all off 2015 road tax then reduced the next years you send proof of award with dates but if you paid each mnths you may not, just cancel direct debit after  they pay you. but don't cancel to you have had letter to say your cars taxed it takes 10/14 days to sort out send letter with why you want money back
  • clare_1
    Thank you for the reply.
    Just wash sure how it l worked.

I have full exemption of road tax and I only found out I didn't have to pay when got the PIP reward letter through. 
    The PIP and exemption is from 2016 to when pip runs out.
    I was paying road tax all the time I was waiting for PIP outcome and like many I'm sure, the courts tribunal was a nightmare.

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes if you get standard mobility you get 50% reduction in road fund tax and 100% reduction if you get full mobility, take certificate with your unique personal number to a post office that deals in car tax and they will do it for you, takes a few weeks to get car papers back from DVLA.
  • clare_1
    Thank you Wilko for reply.

I have taken it to post office on Saturday and is being processed.
    Just didn't know if they will back date to 2016 or just for this year.

Brightness