pain management — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pain management

Options
Twinklechicken
Twinklechicken Community member Posts: 2 Listener
so what methods of pain management have you guys tried?

Comments

• son38
    son38 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    Morphine patches 2 tablets under my tongue  (morphine) gabapentin amitriptyline  paracetamol 
  • Annveitch63
    Annveitch63 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi im Ann .have you tried lyrica and codydramol ?
  • shany
    shany Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    I'm on ibuprofen co-codamol and nortriptyline. Not very effective and gp won't give me anything else so have to live in constant pain. 
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    edited February 2018
    Options
    i voltarol gel on my back wich numbs the pain but it doesnt even touch the pain on my arthritic joints. i used to take lots of painkillers that eventually stopped working on my back. i am seeing a doctor next month about the arthritis
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I  have chronic neck pain with very limited movement, cannot look over my shoulder. None of the pain killers I take has had any effect on this. I recently came across CBD oil as a spray on rub which does ease the problem for me.

CR  
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    Morphine and codine doesnt really do anything 
  • janejr
    janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Options
    Morphine gabapentin naproxen paracetamol and the occasional amatripyline. If all else fails I cry. Doesn't stop the pain just makes my head to gone to care. 
  • deb74
    Options
    hi Misscleo. i had an opration last year on my shoulder and i was prescribed morphine and codeine fopr the pain they didnt even touch it. when i went to see my physio she said i should be taking something for the pain but i said what is the point nothing i tried has worked!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • deb74
    Options
    hi Victoriad. i used to have a tens machine that i used on my back and i actually found it made the pain worse.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • deb74
    Options
    hi Victoriad. i went to see my consultatnt yesterday wjo is also a pysio therapist she was really working on my shoulder. she spent ages pushing it back to the position it should be in to help the movement of my arm. she knows i am not taking anything for the pain but most of the time it is bearable. fortunatley i have got quite a high pain threshold
  • Twinklechicken
    Twinklechicken Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Has anyone tried hypnotherapy?
  • son38
    Options
    I  have been told to go to hydrotherapy has anyone else tried this 
  • son38
    Options
    Misscleo u shouldn't take morphine an codeine as they are both opoids xsx
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have a 4 pad  Tens which has some effect
    I have tried a PainGo plus pen which does give me some relief

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Mactheknife1
    Mactheknife1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I am on Tramadol, Paracetmol, Gabapentin, Buscapan, Nortriptyline, plus others for blood thinner and blood pressure, tried hypnotherapy also acupunture. Living in constant pain.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    I take a bunch of meds (Venlafaxine, lamotrigine, Gabapentin, paracetamol, ibuprofen, tramadol, morphine for breakthrough pain, diazepam or clonazepam for spasms). I also use TENS, heat (electric blanket, stick-on heat packs - not so useful in the summer), the pen, the smokable painkiller, if you know what I mean... 

I also do a series of stretches 2 or 3 times a day (stretches all major muscle groups-  great!), pacing (the best technique I've tried), relaxation exercises (they do work after a few weeks, promise!), distraction (whatever that might be for you), and massage, back when I had money.

Brightness