Help to get my mobility component back — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help to get my mobility component back

Options
piglets
piglets Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited February 2018 in Transport and travel
Hi Iam waiting for support from my cpn to get my mobility component back . as I used to get it when I was on DLA be it only on low level but when I got PIP my mobility component was stopped . I suffer from Bipolar disorder Ashma . Diabetes .and high blood pressure .if I get my mobility component back could I be able to get a car and a blue badge . as I don't go out of the house only to the Doctors or psychiatrist .as I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety disorder .and the only reason I do get to my appointments is knowing my husband can pull up right outside the doors . my husband works full time and I have to wake him up to take me as he works shifts and I feel so guilty I can't even get a Taxi because I Panick and get Anxious and I feel such a burden and a waist of space . I know I scored a 14 points on my pip which Iam told is good can you advice me on any of the matters as above I would  really appreciate it thank you piglets

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @piglets
    hello, you state you got 14 points on your pip score from reading your question it souds like it was for daily living activities and not for mobility, To get a mobility car you need to score 12 points on the mobility part of pip. If you only get the lower rate you can still get a blue badge but no mobility car. The DLA benefit is different to the pip benefit and the awarding and scoring of points is totally different from each other hence why so many are losing the higher rate mobility allowance.  Have you thought about appealing visit scope site for how to appeal your pip award. Good luck.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @piglets, thanks for sharing this with us. As Wilko says, have you thought about appealing? If so, do let us know if you'd like any guidance on doing so.

Living with panic attacks and anxiety must be really difficult, I'm glad to hear that you see a doctor and psychiatrist. We also have some mental health discussions you may be interested in.

Brightness