are you looking for a residential provision for your young disabled son or daughter? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

are you looking for a residential provision for your young disabled son or daughter?

writerDee
writerDee Community member Posts: 1 Listener
and are you in the Southend area?  As there is so little local provision, I am considering putting my son into a home of his own, with care, funded by his housing benefit, but would be good for him to have some company.  Is this something you'd like to chat to me about?  My son is 29, autistic and deaf with some physical problems, reluctant to communicate but able to do so, hooked on computers, looks much much younger than his age and only wants to share with someone younger.  Currently in a so-called supported living placement which is proving unsatisfactory.  pref method of contact is by email to [email removed] in case I miss postings on this community.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @writerDee, and welcome to the community!

Thank you for sharing this with us. We've removed your email address as we don't allow personal contact details to be shared on the forum, but you should be notified if/when people mention you or leave you a comment. All the best with finding suitable accommodation for your son, do let us know if we can be of any assistance!

Brightness