Problems obtaining benefits after being signed off work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Problems obtaining benefits after being signed off work

xand01
xand01 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2018 in Work and employment
I'm 59 and was 'let go' by the bank I worked 13 years for, due to illnesses that have since ended up being long term. I had problems obtaining any benefits due to being signed off at the time of being pushed out of work.
At first Jobseekers stated they couldn't sign me on due to sick note and I should go to the ESA,then ESA said they couldn't help due to the fact I was not in work and I should try Jobseekers.All has been settled for 8 months until I went for my 'Assessment' at which point the lady had written 'As I had been able to get to the appointment and sit for the 45 minute interview I was therefore fit for work', despite have a folder full of hospital/doctors reports pointing to the  opposite.
I appealed it immediately and was told they had assessed the reports and agreed that I should not have been taken off of ESA support and I will be placed in a group.However it will take 14 working days to have my funds reset and paid. :#

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @xand01, and welcome to the community. I am glad you found us, but not at all glad that you've had such a tough time! As you would probably suspect, problems with assessments make up a very large number of posts on this site, so you're among friends.
    Is there anything - at all - that you wish to ask us, anything with which you think we might be able to help? Please don't hold back.
    If you prefer to chat, we're here, and if you click on the 'Talk about PIP/DLA link lower down the screen I'm sure you will find others who can sympathise only too well.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @xand01, and welcome to the community!

Oh dear, what an experience you've had. I'm glad the issue has been somewhat resolved, although I'm sorry to hear that you've had to go to such lengths and that you have to wait another 14 days.

Is there anything we can assist you with at the moment? If not, do feel free to join in our recent discussions!

Brightness