Food Recipes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Food Recipes

pizzadude
pizzadude Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi. I am new to the forum. I would like to share my recipes as I really enjoy cooking. I have a long term disability due to a brain injury.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pizzadude and welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    There are a few folks posting recipes on here, including @thespiceman and @Victoriad. You'll find one of their posts in the Coffee Lounge (under Community Chat, below) and would no doubt be welcome to join the thread: https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/39765/thai-green-curry#latest

Have you an interest in Scope beyond recipes? you have found a safe place here and are among friends, so please don't be shy of telling us about yourself or of asking any questions. The better we get to know each other, the easier we may find ways to be of use to you.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @pizzadude Pleased to meet you.  Welcome.  I see you have spoken to @RichardVR

What do like cooking and creating recipes.  Please feel free to join in.  More than ever look forward to seeing what recipes you send.

There are a few of us who help each other already Richard mentioned Victoria as well.

Please can I tell you a little about what I do and sort of cooking I do

I cook Italian mainly Southern Italian with a few recipes from the North.  Plus recipes from North Africa and Southern Med.

It has a name called Cucine Pavore which means food of the poor. In Italian.  Less is more.  Uses Vegetables like Peppers, Aubergines, Zuchinni or Courgettes.  Pulses, Pasta and Olive oil.

Nuts and fruits play a part in the cuisine.  A lot of Fish not much meat.

Simple easy recipes to follow.  Spices and herbs hence my name.

What I have done is to adapt these recipes for my self.  Using kitchen equipment like blenders, food processors.  Make it easy for me or for any body in the community.  Who asks me a question on how to cook simple food.

I do also Curries and other take away favourites.  Adapt them easy for our community to do if they wish to.  Change anything, adapt please feel free.

I have genetic disorder of hands, so gripping and hold, chopping not easy.  Plus cheats in the stores.  Like for example buying  chillies, garlic, ginger all done for you pureed in jars.  Having a store cupboard freezer stocked see my posts.

I hope you contribute and look forward to speaking to you.

Also I am on the forum most days.  So if wish to look for a friend.  Share ideas and want to know anything on herbs spices any thing.  Food related or anything else, let me know.

You might have something I do know please glad to share.  I am still always learning.

Always willing to listen and hope we can talk again.

Take care lovely to meet you
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness