unfair — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

unfair

maid08
maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
i hate coffee and you do not cater for tea drinkers come on now who can afford decent cofffee on benifits

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    I hate tea it gives me serious wind :/
    CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • maid08
    I hate tea it gives me serious wind :/
    CR
    brooke bond  is fab coffee makes me ill

• CockneyRebel
    I did try that cat **** coffee once, not nice. cannot drink costas  best for me is nescafe instant
  • maid08
    I did try that cat **** coffee once, not nice. cannot drink costas  best for me is nescafe instant
    god knows why coffee makes me ill but chocolate makes me dizzy   maybe i drink to much tea  i do go on a day of just water every week   but i miss my cuppa 
  • CockneyRebel
    When I was a gas service engineer I was always offer tea
    the results were often embarassing

CR
  • maid08
    edited February 2018
    When I was a gas service engineer I was always offer tea
    the results were often embarassing

CR
    much the same as mechanic mobile ??offered coffee no thanks never got tea either

• CockneyRebel
    I hear you bro
    was a mechanic and bodywork man before retrain

CR
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello every body what about people like me.  Caffeine intolerant.  Drop that into a conversation .  You should see the looks on faces.

You can't drink tea or coffee.  Why?  Caffeine sets off anxiety condition.  One cup no harm well no I replied once I had one then another and so on.

Understand me stopped a few in there tracks, well that might stop my anxiety problems.  As I explained caffeine in chocolate, tea. cola.

Last time got stomach pains when I had ten cups of tea.  In hospital and had sweats, shakes.  Caffeine addictive stuff, sorry.

Take care 
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2018
    My wife lives on tea, so after walking the dog on the scooter its home for a freshly made coffee no instance coffee, or a latte in our local Bosswells when out shopping. As for you CR being a service engineer must have been a problem how to say no thanks or can I use your toilet. 
  • janejr
    janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    I love a coffee with a bit of coffee mate in. If I drink to much though I get palpetations so then have tea. Then I drink way to much of both. Is it bad for you ?
  • [Deleted User]
  • thespiceman
    Hello @janejr   How are you ? I stopped taking coffee and tea because of the amount of caffeine in it.   Effecting my mental state.

Caffeine is a stimulant found in Chocolate and Cola.  In small amounts it is good for some people . Can improve mental performance and heightens your senses.  Makes you feel alert.

Can do a lot of harm if taken in large amounts.   There is a lot of medical research involved in the field of how caffeine effects the body.

Personally speaking this was me and I have said this how it effected me.

Because I was anxious and my anxiety becoming much more prevalent.  I wondered why.  Understand this I thought it was all down to alcohol withdrawal because I was replacing alcohol with coffee and tea as a substitute.

I was drinking as well plus the caffeine in my body increasing.  Getting through six to seven may be more cups of coffee.  Some times tea as well.  Had them both.

Usually with meals tea and I was experiencing extreme stomach pains and lots of really bad related symptoms.

Put this down to diet also experiencing massive headaches and lot of insomnia.  The body changes of not having alcohol or drugs as well.

Some thing was wrong I knew that there was.  Ended up in hospital thought I was having a heart attack, so went in.  Thinking this was the alcohol and the drug withdrawal.  Having tremors' and palpitations' plus sweating.

Found out my mental health was related to my coffee addiction.  Not only that but they did say it is common for people with addictions to find something to replace the alcohol with.  So I stopped.  Guess what I had to be weaned off caffeine because you stop suddenly can cause migraines, plus other symptoms.  After a year or so did this.  Mind you I had a bad horrible time with a sore head.  Huge mood swings plus really tired.

Understand me my friend it worth finding out.  Since then I only too aware of caffeine and the effects it can have on my mental state.

Good sensible idea I have done last few years .  Do a food diary put down any foods that effect me mentally good and bad.  Effect me physically good and physically bad.

Then I know what is helping me to lead an improved healthy life if I can.

We all have bad days often due to how we are.  Feeling emotionally and we all understand every body is different.

Take care

The one and only Spiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • [Deleted User]
  • janejr
    janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    I have an addictive nature it's all or nothing with me. Hi @ thespiceman I think to much coffee makes me anxious and then I get the flutters in my chest so I think your right. Definitely my mood makes my body worse
  • thespiceman
    Hello @janejr   Only being caring and full of concern for you and the rest of the community.

Probably lot of my addiction being me that I need to reach out and touch as they say.  Sorry that from a Diana Ross song just got that on now.  Seems any thing sets me off trigger wise.  Mentally  

With out any caffeine 
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Tea for me except, McDonald’s lattes are great
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    My anxiety is insane right now, so I've cut my coffee consumption in half by using half caffeinated and half decaf. Easy for me, though, as I like instant (I know, I'm a weirdo). @thespiceman, my partner is caffeine intolerant, so in the mornings he has a cup of ginseng tea. Says it gives him a kickstart, but doesn't cause any of the unpleasant side effects. You probably want to check whether it interacts with any meds first.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Why is this called unfair?

Brightness