A VISIT FROM SCOPE DO YOU DO THAT? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A VISIT FROM SCOPE DO YOU DO THAT?

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello Please can I ask I got a visit from SCOPE.  Young girl with a coat on showing your Logo.  Badge but did not show this.  Had very nervous manner.  Said to her come in, proceeded to just go on and on about SCOPE.  Not in the sense what they do , just about the need for funds.

Stood in my hall, I was being a Gentleman, cold and wet.  Had no idea what she was talking about.

Mention website and information had not a clue. More interested promoting a lottery you claim to have.  I am a polite guy but something's amiss here.

I declined let her out and she hurried away not even close my gates and was gone.

My question to you is do you normally do this.?  She says I am visiting all disabled in the community.  I have never heard of this at all.  Is this real?
Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• bevt2017
    bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Hi @thespiceman

Hope you are well?

I would also like to know that?

I know there are people going door to door. "Pretending they are deaf" asking people to buy their drawings, to make money for their children.

• thespiceman
    Hello @bevt2017 Good afternoon not really good but I am fighting it.  Bit mental problems well this isn't helping.  Get anxiety as you know.  Set off from yesterday.
    I am a gentleman but I try to cope 

You are helping me just keep in touch as all my friends do love you all.

This visitor seem to know me if I recall.  Saying my name how did she know that?

That's the worrying thing, looked the part.

Get like this when I feel am targeted.

I got that last time woman turned up with a load of badges, demanding money.

Called well I had to local police but she had gone.  Great guy turned up told him story still in my head only last year.

Be aware of the issues I have is that some body from my past arrives on the doorstep and causes trouble.

Had that before.  Remember we have a community.  So do the addiction community.  Those who get clean and sort themselves out.  Do no want to particularly wish to associate with former drinkers.  I still and will help any body to go on the path to recovery.

Unfortunately many do not and they are the ones I have to be careful of.  Because I forget people and they all know me from past endeavours.

Had a lad a month ago turn up claiming to know me.  Trying to con his way in.

Had courage to get rid not after a lot of just him standing there on my doorstep.  Closing the door but he still there and going to other people like neighbours.

Any way enough of me.  Hope you keeping warm and safe.

Hope you OK forgot to ask am here to listen

Great to talk to you.

Your friend.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2018
    Hi @thespiceman, I've just spoken to the Supporter Care team about this and they have confirmed that Scope does do Door-To-Door fundraising such as this regularly, as a way to raise much needed funds but also to spread awareness about what the organisation does.

If you'd like to get in touch with the team and let them know your postcode they can double check and look into this for you, and also take on board any comments about the visit. You can get in touch with the Supporter Care team at 
    0207 619 7296 or at supportercare@scope.org.uk. Hope this helps! 
  • thespiceman
    Hello @PippaScope Thank you for reply.  Much appreciated for your time.  Doing this.  I will know.  As you have said they do door to door. 

I will contact them.    

Thank you for information as well.  Not only excellent but worth knowing for the future.

Take care
    Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness