PIP - zero points - how many of us? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - zero points - how many of us?

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Everyone is different.
    I am entitled to the free bus pass but would rather pay my way. Actually truth is, I'm trying to blend in with society. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • whistles
    charlene said:
    So much for taking note of good and bad  days. My form took me 3 to 4 weeks to complete, filled it out on only good days.
    I found fillng in the form so depressing it gave me bad days. It made my life look non existent.
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    This is going to sound awful but a neighbour whilst talking asked me the names of my grandchildren and I couldn't answer, my mind went totally blank.  Took me about 2 weeks to remember.  Also one day looking through my diary, another thing I have to try to keep uptodate or things don't get done, like the other day forgot an appointment, only knew about it when the lady rang to ask if I was attending and because of the snow I said no.  But I digress, looking through my diary I noticed that a Sarah had an upcoming birthday.  I sat there and sat there thinking who is Sarah, I don't know a Sarah, later and I mean weeks later,  I suddenly thought you complete idiot of course you know a Sarah.  She was my sons partner and were together 14 years! 
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • Salamka101
    Salamka101 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    @wilko

Sorry to have to labour the point but again you refer to a 'free' car. That is a popular misunderstanding that enables this Government to get away with PiP.
    Motability cars are NOT free, they are leased. You, me or any Tom, **** or Harry could go out and lease a car for the same amount, or less than Motability charge.
    The confusion only arises because the Motability rates have always been geared to the amount of our disability allowance and is paid on our behalf by the DWP. If we don't choose to have the Car we get the allowance paid to us instead. So it might be convenient to opt for a Motability vehicle, if allowed, but it is by no means FREE.
    A major difference you might also consider is that Motability is a charity, the profit they make is used to help severely disabled people with their mobility issues. I would prefer that to the private sector profiting from a Lease.
    So please don't refer to 'free' cars again.

Salamka101

• whistles
    I gave up Christmas last year because i just can't process it. Things have got worse.
    The forms actually arrived over Christmas so this got included as it was happening at the time.
    Strangely enough I do have a carer, but this is only in relation to my mobility. Yes you can employ someone to take you shopping, but I'm not receiving the help I need when I get there to actually shop. 

P.s how do you send people a message? I can only see wall comments. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi whistles
    to send a message,
    Click on the second icon under your name on the top right
    this opens your inbox
    Next click on new message which will open a dialogue box
    Start typing the name of who you want to message and a list will appear
    select the person you want to message and type away

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    So what does it mean when a person's user name is in a purple box with a cross next to it CR? 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @wildlife, thank you for reprimanding me and giveing me, us a full account of your f2f, no wonder you are annoyed and upset. Your acessor if you could call her one was unbelievable you couldn't make it up, a complaint should have gone in to DWP and the acessment company, I bet you did, even because of the stress you did nothing it's a clear indication that some and a lot of acessors are not qualified to do the job of an acessor other than be a keyboard operator.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry wildlife havent come across that, I don't get time to message.
    Maybe other can shed some light

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • whistles
    wildlife said:
    @charlene I was asked what jobs I did when I left school. I'm 67. I remembered some but had to be prompted by MOH about a period in the WRAF when I met him and got married. Lol. Anyhow apart from the funny side I was  getting noticeably distressed as I didn't understand what this had to do with what I need help with now. My assessor decided that as I could remember most of my jobs I had no memory problems and because one of the jobs in my 20's involved handling money I had no problems dealing with money now, or last year when I had my assessment. It's a well known fact that short term memory goes first. I can't remember what I did 2 minutes ago but can remember years ago. 

I got asked this as well. They asked where I went to school and if I had help.
    I guess they are checking your memory if you have said you suffer with loss.
    My short term is shot to pieces, but i do know where my school was.
  • wildlife
    edited March 2018
      @wilko Is that an apology? If so I accept and we'll forget it ever happened. Yes my assessor was appalling. She said I held a water bottle between my knees and peeled off the plastic label round the middle using my right and left hand. The poor lady was concentrating so much on convincing the Decision Maker i had no problem using both my hands, she completely forgot how you open a bottle of water. The bottle was actually opened in the waiting room and again during the assessment by my hubby who was with me all through the assessment. Surprise surprise he unscrewed the top. I do remember briefly holding the bottle between my knees to free both my hands to do the exercises, that must have given her the idea for this blatant lie. My full story is on this forum. Yes I complained and it was rejected by ATOS. It's now with ICE (Independent Complaints Examiner). It will be August this year from February last year before they get to investigate it due to a huge backlog of similar complaints. So anyone who thinks the cases of wrong awards due to assessors not doing their job properly are few and far between should think again.     
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @ wildlife, thank you for the accepting my apology,  forgiveness and reconciliation is good for the body and soul. We all read ,hear stories on this and other furums some are hard to believe because we are told them these things by friends who we know and trust? Only to find out days weeks later that they are lies half truths. 
  • wildlife
    This is the extract from my report. Pretty much all the observations were untrue.  
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    My assessment report stated that I walked 16m to assessment room using a stick and with a normal gait.  I have a limp and creep along.  From 16m indoors assessor extrapolated that I could walk 20 - 50m outdoors using pavements and kerbs!  At tribunal they agreed I could walk 0-20m.

Assessor wrote that she watched me take my bag off over my head, put it down on the floor and pick it up again later.  At no time, not even during the exercises, did I remove my bag.

In addition, the report contained a number of half-truths.
  • whistles
    edited March 2018
    Wow. Thanks for sharing.

Um. What's your general appearance got to do with it. Does it not occur to them that you might have assistance in selecting selecting clothes, someone might do your make up for you? 

I didn't have a physical examination I had a memory test. 
  • Matilda
    edited March 2018
    Assessors will use any excuse to deny points.

One point.  Not all claimants emphasise the aids they use.  Use of aids should get you some points, especially if you can't complete the activities reliably even using aids.

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    I was successful on my third attempt to claim DLA and was awarded mid rate care high rate mobility indefinite award.
    I applied for PIP 2016 and was awarded 16 points mobility and 20 points care awarded for 5 years. Since the rules on mental health for mobility awards have changed I should get 24 points mobility.

Unfortunately we all know PIP is a lottery I was lucky I had an honest HCP but he did get some things wrong but overall the assessment was fairly accurate it lasted nearly fours hours. I had also applied for ESA and the DWP used my PIP assessment for my ESA I was placed in the support group.

My first attempt to claim DLA I did not even have an assessment I was turned down straight away. My second attempt at claiming I had an assessment with a doctor with such poor English I could not understand most of what he said.He lied to such an extent I thought the report was on someone else.
    The third attempt I had an ex GP he was really understanding and the report was very accurate hence my success.

@zacthezebra Well done in getting a decent HCP, I did as well but mine diden't lie or bend the truth either and that was Capita.

Im interested in the comment you've also made where your PIP was used to make a decision for your ESA SG? I wonder how that become to be.

....".............

I believe as I also was on DLA indefinitely H Mobility L care?
    Then changed to PIP for me has proved better for me and covers my needs, in respects regarding my majority of days where as DLA H care was based on day and night care. So yes in my situation PIP is better.

I also truly believe GP's carry less wheight under PIP as they don't really know the full extent of your functional ability where as psychiatrists, occupational therapists etc will.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• whistles
    @Governments_A_Joke I was on indefinite Middle care and they have stopped it.
    Perhaps you have hit the nail on the head, the descriptors apply to daytime help.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    whistles said:
    @Governments_A_Joke I was on indefinite Middle care and they have stopped it.
    Perhaps you have hit the nail on the head, the descriptors apply to daytime help.
    @whistles

Interesting? Now I'm on PIP Enhanced for both On-Going, But remember PIP is purley functional. So any evidence you supply is based on your functional difficulty's.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Matilda
    PIP descriptors make no distinction between day and night living or mobility whereas DLA did.  To get highest DLA care you had to have night-time needs.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.