PIP Tribunal decision - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal decision

Comments

• Henry
    Henry Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    Ah  right...  let's hope I do not  have trouble  like that.
    However.  I have been led to believe that it is  up to the assessment person    to    decide  what points , a person   would  get.   So  that is what  the decision maker at  DWP GOES   on.
    Not    sure  if they  take into consideration  what  is  wrote on the pip    application  by  the  person  applying  for it ?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Henry

The HCP only makes recommendations to the Decision maker regarding medical matters . It is up to the DM to look at all the evidence along with the HCP report to reach an award.
    At least that is the theory

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi just an update regarding my PIP APPEAL. 
    waited a week on letter , nothing so called tribunal services  today.
    I win my enhanced rate back , went from 9 point to 19 at the appeal, and even got standard mobility award.
    im so relieved, Iv been worried sick. 
    The only down side is the award is only until November 2019, which if I’m correct, they can start the whole nightmare process again in November this year.

i pray I don’t have to go through that process again this year for PIP, my ESA is to be looked at again in October this year.

susan
  • CockneyRebel
    Congratulations Susan

It is a good idea to wait a few days then ring DWP to make sure they have received a copy of the decision.
    When you get your decision letter check carefully the review date, some short award have a reapply date not a review date

CR
  • susan48
    Thank you CR,
    i am so relieved but anxiety kicking in again re review/reapply date!! 
    The man I talked to said the DWP received an electronic copy on the date of my hearing 26th February.
    i will wait until I have my copy and get someone to call for me. If too hard trying to talk with my speech the way it is.

i hope and pray that the government will see that PIP deciphers and assessments etc DO NOT WORK and change the situation 1000’s of people trying to live a “normal” life.

Thanks for your support.
    susan
  • cobra
    cobra Community member Posts: 36 Pioneering
    I had sent my SSCS1 together with a covering 'grounds for appeal' letter on 19.02.18. I had also sent a further 'Dr's report' on 28.02.18.
    I hadn't received any acknowledgement so I just called the Bradford Appeal Centre and they said they acknowledged receiving my SSCS1 on 22.02.18.
    I told them that I hadn't received it yet as per today's post. I asked them when my date of appeal is and she said it's only an acknowledgement letter.
    I've requested them to resend by first class if possible.
    This anxiety and worries is certainly on my mind day and night.
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi cobra

Tribunal date is someway of yet

Following the acknowledgement ,you should next receive the bundle of evidence used by the DWP to make their decision.
    You should check that all your evidence is included and then use this to prepare your own submission

CRt

• cobra
    I did a brown envelope but it was from DWP that my PIP (which I had previously received 10 points so will get £22.00pw)  will be increased on 09.04.18 from £22.00pw to ........... wait for it to £22.65p.
    Incidentally my bank has confirmed that my first PIP payment of £66.00 was received today.  
  • CockneyRebel
    Yep
    thats the annual increase

CR
  • erm
    erm Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    Hi Ceege4, It is costing millions maybe billions to try to save probably less than they are spending on staff buildings letters people to send out the letters people to do the assessments and the decision makers and then those who sort out the tribunal claims etc etc etc. When you think that the Lords get £300 I think per day to just sign in that they attended the building and MPs claim for every stamp or bus train taxi plane ride they use and all meals dry cleaning etc etc etc maybe they should stop all those perks before attacking people with issues. 

Many people who were awarded indefinite DLA awards because of problems which they have medical evidence for and will never get better, EVER! but WILL get worse with time should just have been swapped over with just a phone call or letter to check they were on a high enough rate, if their conditions had got worse..

An assessor told me, The Government want to target people who had been given DLA because of an accident or other problem that would likely improve with time but did not report they had got better. 
    Or people who got awards because they were overweight, but then managed to lose weight and get fit, but still claim DLA, or people claiming to be scared to go out alone or other things that could be faked easily.
    its's those we want to stop from claiming...And NOT the types of people who  need help.. PIP change is not designed to take benefits off people who actually need help.

But if that is strictly true WHY then reduce the walking distance? why make it harder to get points for activities people cannot do easily or without pain and fatigue? Why dismiss people who have blackouts fits mega problems and are a danger to themselves and others?
    why not make the transition easier for those who are born with issues or become afflicted by some issues which will not get better.?
     It is being whittled away for us bit by bit as is all benefits pensions etc... 
  • Henry
    I    do    wonder  if any   assessors  would come forward   and speak  out against   this injustice 

I recall   speaking to  a M. D.  who  under took assessment  for D.L.A.
    In  training.  They  beers told.   Do not believe   the client....shameful.
    British Veteran .
  • susan48
    That’s shocking Henry, great use of government money
  • ceege4
    ceege4 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Hi @erm
    I was born with club feet in the fifties and had many operations from 13months old until I was 15. I have staples in my right foot and both knees and I wore calipers as a child. My condition is NEVER going to get better. I have walked with a limp all my life and I now have lower back and left knee problems as well as pain in my feet, ankles and legs but I've got to prove to a tribunal that I'm disabled and cannot walk far. I have medical evidence from birth to last week. What more evidence do they need? I was awarded DLA indefinitely and I agree that people born with conditions that are not going to get better should have been automatically moved over to PIP. That, at least, would save the government some money!!
    In the original forms I completed it asked about preparing and cooking a meal but not one question about shopping for the food!! How can this be a fair assessment? Does the food just appear on our shelves by magic?
    I have to work until I'm 66 but there were no questions about work but this is part of my everyday life!! I work full time and don't claim any benefits. I don't know what else they want from me and all the 1000s of people like me. I just hope the tribunal sees through the PIP lies and overturns their decision. 
    If people genuinely cannot look after themselves or need extra help due to an accident or they are disabled from birth, then just let us get on with our lives as best as we can with the extra support we need. Is it really too much to ask?
  • cobra
    @ceege4 I’d also thought of the same. Don’t any assessors ever think that ‘these are actual people, not just numbers on a file, whose lives are affected ?’
    Do they have any relatives who’re are in the same predicament? Or are they just trained that they must not look like humans and look at their bonuses they would get for failing each person whether or not they’re suffering? How can they sleep at night ?
  • Henry
    susan48 said:
    That’s shocking Henry, great use of government money

• Henry
    Is   it  really true... capita / atos    get extra money   for every person they      wipe    /  turn down ? 
  • ceege4
    Hi @Henry I think it is because a friend of mine works in an office opposite where assessors are and one of them told him about the bonuses whilst they were out having a cigarette. I said at the time I wondered how they slept at night....
  • ceege4
    @cobra I guess the assessors have got a job to do and bonuses to earn so they lie on their reports to achieve this and just don't see (or care?) the effect this has on genuine disabled people. If they have relatives having assessments I would imagine they tell them what to do/say and what not to do/say so that their reports get maximum points. It's all so wrong and seriously needs looking into. 
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    wildlife said:
    @justice No I'm off sugar maybe for life. I had a day a while ago when I felt so ill had pain everywhere and could only see myself getting worse. So, as I've been doing on and off for years, I went on a Candida diet. No sugar including fruit, no wheat (gluten). This is not for the faint hearted as you go through a healing crisis feeling worse than before but am finally feeling better and back on fruit. Maybe this will be my next campaign after PIP. I've also heard from HCPC about my assessor's fitness to practice. Apparently say someone is registered with them as a Paramedic they are not supposed to be working in another job that isn't either what they are registered for or something closely related. So they say that if I asked, which I have now done, for my assessor to be investigated for fitness to practice as an assessor it would become an employment issue instead. Watch this space. Does that mean all assessors are not supposed to be doing the job if they're qualified medical practitioners registered with their appropriate council? We'll see... 
    useing name for other than qualified for is a no no from my info thru checking register  unless every acesser has multy qual they canot acess you thats true fact 

• ceege4
    @maid08 Heavens this could open up a huge can of worms if the assessors are not qualified to assess!! I wouldn't want people to have to go through all this again though. The stress and upset it has caused is awful. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.