Esa letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa letter

ollieandduke
ollieandduke Community member Posts: 174 Courageous
My esa support group runs out in 2019 will i get the letter  for a reassesment this year or will it be next year 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi ollieandduke

ESA is an open ended benefit the only way to know when you will be reaassessed is to ring the DWP, doing so will not trigger an early review. Many reviews are being defered, especially SG

CR 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • ollieandduke
    Its already been deferred once from 2018-2019 x
  • ollieandduke
    Im dreading having another assesment i have kept my paperwork from my hospital appointments from the being of my illness but have been told they wont accept them again only new evidence but ive only got 3 new hospital appt letter over 3 years. The only new thing that has happened to me is that i can no longer fetch my prescriptions so i now have them delivered.
    I had a home assesment last time do they still do them x
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ollieandduke, it is still possible to arrange home assessments, yes:
    If your illness or disability makes it difficult or impossible for you to travel to an assessment, you can ask for the assessment to be done at home instead. Tell the Health Assessment Advisory Service when they call – they’ll ask you to provide information from your doctor, or other medical professional, to explain why you can’t travel.
  • ollieandduke
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi ollieandduke,

Unfortunately being reassessed for health related benefits, whether it is ESA or PIP is unavoidable. Let's just hope you get a good assessor who will make the right decision for you whenever the time comes.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.