Support for Mortgage Interest — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support for Mortgage Interest

dmwors
dmwors Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
Good morning to you all. I have been in receipt of SMI and paid four weekly. My last payment was 28 Feb and next 28 March. Will the DWP include the week owed up until 5 April in the March payment or will I receive a weeks payment on 25 April or are we paid in arrears. Trying to sort money out in advance. Does anyone know which will be last payment?

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @dmwors,

Thanks for posting your question.

SMI is paid 4 weekly in arrears so I think that you would receive what you're owed in April for that last week.

Will you be taking the loan offered by the DWP or will you be making alternative arrangements?

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • dmwors
    Thanks for your reply. Yes I thought the same also.  I will be going it alone due to there being a charge already on the property for legal aid services. Wanted to ensure had correct amount on standing order.
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    My pleasure, there's so many unanswered questions with the SMI changes so it's good to put heads together and try to work out some of the answers.

If you have any further questions please do let me know. If I don't know the answer I'll try and find it!

Have a good day
    Debbie

• dmwors

Brightness