my freinds acessmant — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

my freinds acessmant

maid08
maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
went to mates today to sit with him in his assessment ?home visit?its amazing just how stupid these things are from the outside ??one of his problems is alcohol ????how does this affect you he asked male nurse?mate said umm im drunk most of the day???? can you prepare a meal nope by the time im hungry im asleep? obvious one coming i thought about washing knowing how my mate is  do you need assistance  ?do i smell like i wash much ??planning and completing a journey mate said look im p most days how the hell can ii go anywhere then i broke and had to put my hand over mouth to stop laughing? cos budgeting decisions his answer listen, mate, i was married a long time no **** gets their hand on my cash, of course, i can budget  in the end i just sat there  dumbstruck  acesmant over and nurse got to door my mate said ohh by the way  did you come by car  yes m nurse said do they pay milage mate said yes he said my mate said well let me tell you they do not pay youer insurance and i bet you aint declared its a car used for work purposes ??and shut the door   turns out his point why treat um nice its the 4th acesmant he has had  none refused    but god he chanceing it he said that last bit makes um think well

Comments

• maid08
    drugs addicts drunks all get extra benefits because of their condition not that i agree with it??as to insurance he is correct  most will not be insured for work purposes  that's a fact and local health employed will have the cover private companies won't as per bailiffs using own transport
  • maid08
    maid08 said:
    drugs addicts drunks all get extra benefits because of their condition not that i agree with it??as to insurance he is correct  most will not be insured for work purposes  that's a fact and local health employed will have the cover private companies won't as per bailiffs using own transport
    plus addicts be it drink or drugs are ill  there are a lot claiming mental illness when in fact they are just using it to get benefits as are people who claim cant walk hence cars   and that's why i think gov have taken the stance on benefits and getting rid of those people but capita and Atos going al out to hurt us all
  • dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    edited March 2018
    @maid08 your mate is bringing his own illnesses to himself ,he has a choice  to get help in rehab and get better, others who have no choice in getting better because of their disability. And I strongly agree with @lillybelle.
  • maid08
    edited March 2018
    dee4848 said:
    @maid08 your mate is bringing his own illnesses to himself ,he has a choice  to get help in rehab and get better, others who have no choice in getting better because of their disability. And I strongly agree with @lillybelle.
    have said this for years re addicts drunks but the gov do not see it that way i do not drink so can't se how it would affect in the long term nor have i taken drugs? i have had a total  breakdown  so can comment on some aspects of claims of mental stress  which a lot i find is used for benefits when in fact  its self-pity and could be sorted fairly easy i do a lot for homeless people sometimes the result of gov cuts  but even that is not just down to gov ?? i see peaple on benifit asking for help to decorate buy furniture  and other items yet have mobility cars  and think a lot think they are entitled but they are not as to rehab  were how when as with adicts were how when?? 

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Do agree i thinl the govenment should read these posts.
    They should listen to what the public thinl about drug adicts and drunks

Theres always a group of them at our shops. Its imposible to buy anythink without them asking for what ever youv bough.

• maid08
    Misscleo said:
    Do agree i thinl the govenment should read these posts.
    They should listen to what the public thinl about drug adicts and drunks

Theres always a group of them at our shops. Its imposible to buy anythink without them asking for what ever youv bough.

ohhh yes  i think its a lifestyle choice  we see lots homeless people who are  not drinkers drug takers  although we help them all   most seem to think their behaviour is normal  but only because its allowed and if i am true we aid by helping them they sell things we give them to get drink or drugs  i actualy think i am mean in that i think we should let them starve instead helping but i have always ben against gov helping them with extra cash to buy drink per day?BUT It WILL NOT CHANGE gen cases are easier to punish 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.