PIP yearly review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP yearly review

skip
skip Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

I've been on pip since it started but I'm having to have a yearly review is that normal dose any one else have the same and why do they do it must cost a fortune thank skip

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger

Hi skip and welcome

It is normal for a review to be carried out a year before end date

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • kyramann
    kyramann Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Yes it’s normal as Just had mine and it’s a year before the 3 year claim.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @skip, and welcome to the community!

As the others have said, this is standard practice. Do let us know if you have any further questions and we'll be happy to help.
  • skip
    skip Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    sorry I didn't introduce my self propyl this is the first forum I've been in so a bit shy  my real name is Ron and I'm 70 so slow when using a computer but thanks for your help every body its nice to no you can get help when you need  
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Lovely to meet you @skip, great to have you here! Do take a look around and let us know if you'd like any assistance. You may like to take a look at our community guide or our groups and discussions to get started.
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi Ron and welcome

Please do keep us informed how you get on, we don't get much feed back from more senior people about reviews
    Thanks

CR
  • sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    Hi everyone, my hubby was given 3yrs  PIP  so when they say a review a yr before then in fact he will be only getting 2 yrs then and not the full 3?  :/  Why do they ask for a review like a yr. earlier then. As it is and the difficulty that many have to go through to get it in the 1st place, seems very unfair to me. Especially for those whos medical conditions dont and never will improve, in fact many get worse with age. 
  • CockneyRebel
    The reason that they have the option of early review is to maintain the continuity of your award. Rather than your award lapsing they give themselves time in case of any delay

CR
  • kyramann
    Just received my new award till 2020. So didn’t take too long.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    kyramann said:
    Just received my new award till 2020. So didn’t take too long.
    So they only gave you another year in theory? 
    Mine says my needs may change. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2018
    Don't worry about feeling shy. I was initially and soon discovered this is a nice site and now I can't ssshhh.  :)
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • kyramann
    Till end of 2020 so two years, but I don’t mind going for the interviews or submitting loads of paperwork as would rather they check all claims throughly x
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    youer review will be a new claim regardless of the three-year award it will be a full assessment again
  • CockneyRebel
    You should check your award letter, each letter has an end date and either a review date or a reapply date.

Review dates are a year ahead of the end date, a 2020 end date will have a 2019 review date. This is to allow time for a new decision to be made before the award ends. You might receive a AR1 short reveiw form or a PIP2 full claim form. Either form can trigger a new f2f assessment. Once a new decision is made your old award ceases and the new decision is put into payment.

If you have a shorter award you will probably have a reapply date 13-14 weeks before the end date. You might not get a reminder so be prepared to start a new claim.

CR
  • CockneyRebel
    Isn’t it ridiculous and another waste of money.
    Just had my report ( not final decision) and the assessor has said 2 years.
    bearing in mind I was on lifetime DLA.
    ive had uncontrolled epilepsy for 40yrs.
    apparently the nurse thinks I’m going to make a dramatic recovery once I’ve seen the neurologist in June.
       It will no doubt be another report to send to them next year.
    lets just hope this stupid system changes for the better soon
    Have you worked out your possible award from the report ?
    It is likely that any award will be for three years with a review in two years as per the HCP recomendation

CR
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    The only awards that are only 10 years or over unless a change in CC are On-Going awards, any others stating 10 years or less will be subject to a review a year before it's end, as you can see in my screenshot where highlighted is where it will state these two.

Where it states: (We will) is where it will state a date when likely to be reviewed.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.