Help with pain relief please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with pain relief please

susan48
susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
hi I have involuntary body movements, unusually my head/neck, shoulders,  arms and sometime my legs.  Iv no control over these.
iv been in a lot of muscle pain due to these twitches/ticks or whatever you want to call them.  
I have tried painkillers, gel and there’s are not working.
my muscles are agongs, can hardly move my head.
Any suggestions to help relieve the pain, please?

thanks

Comments

• samm1953
    samm1953 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Ask your GP for a referal to your local neurology department  who may prescribe muscle relaxants rather than pain killers 
  • susan48
    Thank you both,
    i was on clonazepam, high dose at night but gp took me off them as they were not helping.
    sleeping tablets now and still not sleeping and in pain.
    will talk to my gp
    susan
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Barbiesnemesis
    Barbiesnemesis Community member Posts: 86 Pioneering
    @sleepy1 Thank you for sharing the music videos. I love how Janine Jansen plays the violin; she has such a delicate touch. Have you heard her play Lark Ascending by Vaughan-Williams? It is so beautiful. The first video is something I've never seen or heard before and did start to distract me from my pain!

• susan48
    Hi Victoriad, 
    nice to hear from you x
    iv tried heat and cold but nothings helping. Might see if my chemist has a TENS machine. 
    Was thinking it’s maybe worse because Iv came off night meds. 
    My body is tense all the time, shoulders up to me ears.

thanks all for advice 

susan
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    As always you should consult your care professionals about pain relief, we cannot give medical advice on the forum

I suffer from a frozen neck and my wife with chronic arthritis. We both take some serious pain relief including Morphine, Gabapentine, Pregabalin. etc.
    Recently we have use a topical CBD spray, it is not a  magic potion but we have found some relief

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • susan48
    CR,
    I was really just wanting any advice really 
    I am sick of medications changing and the withdrawals with some are awful so just thought I’d ask for any ideas.
    iv have cbd gel, to be ingested. I actually forgot about it, maybe worth a try though.
    can you get the spray online?

thanks
    susan
  • CockneyRebel
    Yes I bought mine through Ebay. Check out any supplier carefully,  and also be aware there are different strengths available. I currently use 1000mg spray, avoid any that contain TCH ( this is the psychoactive part of marijuana )

CR
  • susan48
    CR ,
    I will try and check them out but it’s a mine field looking for reputable sources of CBD .

Thanks
    Susan
  • susan48
    CR, 
    found the CBD I have, its CBD Raw 300mg.
    Just had some so fingers crossed 

Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • susan48
    Thanks Victoriad,
    Tryed deep heat and deep freeze,
    thankfully I’m a bit better today

x
  • DeeNKaspar
    DeeNKaspar Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I find it hard to find hard because I am allergic to most painkillers especially the ones to treat chronic pain.  I am so many different medications which includes Bacloofen which is very new so working on seeing if it helps with muscle spasms so far I haven't seen much change but it is early days with it.
  • susan48
    @DeeNKaspar

i hope your new medication helps you, it’s frustrating when your limited as to what you can take
  • DeeNKaspar
    DeeNKaspar Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    since I have started Baclofen my dry skin on my scalp has got worse and it is sore in places.  
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    A massage but not without gp consent etc as I don't know your condition.
    I have had Indian Head massage, Reflexology and Craniosacral. Even a pedicure might help, it's relaxing quality time for you to forget pain. 

The lady said my neck was so tight I could hold up the London Bridge with my head-I do hold any tension in my neck.
    But I have since seen an osteopath at the hospital and he cracked it awesome!! Just the one visit needed and any issues I just pop back which I haven't needed to. Sounded better than bones breaking in a horror. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Annabelle26
    Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    I have been hearing a lot about CBD just lately & am wondering about trying it.  How well does it work for chronic pain & is it safe to take with other medication.
  • shazier
    shazier Community member Posts: 82 Pioneering
    Hi susan48 so sorry to hear your in allot of pain,I to have painkillers but they dont work, im on tramadol diazepam and paracetamol, i may a well takes smarties for all the good they do.  Iv tried others to but the side effects for me were awful, i just cant tolerate strong pain med, codeine for me was the worst. I use wheat pads that you stick in the microwave, gives light relief when i first put it on but not for long, tens machine ok but only benefit whilst thats on to.  i was told by a friend to try tigger balm, i wasnt sure which to get so got the white and the red. the white one for me is better than the red, its heats up while its on my backs muscles, I use it allot, i get more reliefe from the tigger balm than any painkillers on my muscles. i use it for my migraines to and headaches, but you have to be careful not to rub your eyes, washs your hand after, it really stings if you get in your eyes, it can stop a severe headache sometimes but not  always and still have to take paracetamol or nurofen. i also buy the gels like ibulieve for joints, i dont find that very helpful but you might. for me the white tigger balm gives me the mot relieve on my muscles and the wheat pad, i sometimes use them together. anything is worth a try. painkillers make me feel sick and dizzy and can actually vomit,  i hate taking them. i hope u get some relief
  • CockneyRebel
    I have been hearing a lot about CBD just lately & am wondering about trying it.  How well does it work for chronic pain & is it safe to take with other medication.
    There has been some discussion on here regarding CBD. We cannot give medical advice on the forum.
    Google CBD and do your own research, there is plenty of info out there. Then consult your GP and make your own decision

CR

Brightness