PIP appeal turned down — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal turned down

janeyh
janeyh Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My son is 16 and ADHD and has just had his appeal for pip turned down he scored 0 on both parts it or worth going through with the other appeal 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi janeyh and welcome

So sorry your son has been turned down
    PIP is a test of functionality with different criteria to DLA

Have a look at the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Then decided

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi janeyh, 

If you feel your son's decision was wrong please fight it and use the mandatory reconsideration and appeals process. The amount of successful appeals is quite staggering which shows the poor standard of assessments and decision making. If you have any medical evidence it is important to include it as part of your request.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• SimonH
    SimonH Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Scoring 0 points makes you feel like appealing is futile but it should not put you off.  I had the same thing with PIP MR resulted in me getting High rate care.   Mental health problems like cognitive or compulsive behaviour are easily  dismissed by assessors as they on focus on Physical abilities, even then by a string of assumptions indirect questions

I  only have a basic understanding of ADHD  but the same general rules apply . 

Assessors will avoid any kind of mental health issues given chance unfortunately it a case of understanding where questions are leading to and their implications. 

Keeping a Diary is always helpful  in presenting  your case        

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.