Indefinite PIP awards - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Indefinite PIP awards

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    My DWP award letter states that they will contact me after 9 Oct 2026 which will be 10 years from the date of my assessment.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @Matilda just been reading all your threads regarding this matter of On-Going PIP awards, I see you got it through a "tribunal" I don't know if it would make any difference but I got my On-Going award Enhanced both parts, and was awarded direct from the DWP CM, also it was all done by Paper based by Capita assessment and clearly states No review necessary on PA3 form and all FE backs everything up and all noted on that form. 

So if I got a AR1 review before and not through CC I will just quote all within the PA3 and say what the hell?

Mine is from 24thOctober 2017 to 24th October 2027 and states clearly after that date.

I was told by the DWP it will defo be after 10 years for review. I was also on DLA indef before PIP.

@Username_removed I had read what you had stated surrounding this and perhaps the tribunal way is to On-Going is different, perhaps you or anyone else can also clarify this as it as anyone else have heard different now since yours or these last comments regarding this. 

In relation to “ongoing awards”, the guidance states:
    370. Ongoing awards are appropriate where the claimant’s restrictions on daily living and or mobility are unlikely to change significantly. If the HP considers no significant change is likely and no requirement for future review it indicates an ongoing award may be appropriate.

The length of a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) award is based on an individual’s circumstances and can vary from 9 months to an on-going award with a light touch review at the ten year point.

PIP already recognises that for the most severely disabled claimants, the award review process could seem unnecessarily intrusive. Existing PIP claimants with the most severe, lifetime disabilities, whose functional ability has remained the same, are more likely to have their evidence reviewed by a DWP Decision Maker and will not need to have another face-to-face assessment with a healthcare professional.

Some of the above info taken from here http://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7820/CBP-7820.pdf

Be interesting everyone's take on this matter.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    @Governments_A_Joke Hi shouldn' they pay you 564.40 was wondering why it states 544.24 mine also says same .
    edited March 2018
    dee4848 said:
    @Governments_A_Joke Hi shouldn' they pay you 564.40 was wondering why it states 544.24 mine also says same .

@dee4848 Don't worry that figure of £544.24 was because of transition from DLA. It's now £564.40.

I also thought it strange but they done me out of £20....

So @Username_removed Iam sorry I don't speak your language and those words of which you speak? 

Please could you give it in plain English. 

What is right?  Do Tribunal get reviews anytime or does mine from the DWP as I mentioned above. Thanks for any comments regarding this as I'm a little thick.

Edited to add if it's what you've stated above? What's the point of them giving me an On-Going award if they're reviewing when they already have substantial information. Bloody crazy. 

Light touch at 10 Year seems pointless then.

Thanks.
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
  • Matilda
    @Governments_A_Joke

My award letter from the DWP, following Tribunal decision, states that DWP will contact me after Nov 2027.

So, let's hope that DWP will do what they say in their letters and will not contact people before the date they state they will.
    Matilda said:
    @Governments_A_Joke

My award letter from the DWP, following Tribunal decision, states that DWP will contact me after Nov 2027.

So, let's hope that DWP will do what they say in their letters and will not contact people before the date they state they will.

@Matilda It will be interesting as you had it given by a (Tribunal decision) and mine was direct by the DWP?

I will complain if it's every 3 years, as I believe what's the point of On-Going award?
    ⬇️

• Matilda
    @Governments_A_Joke

I believe that the first PIP awards were made in 2014; I've not heard on Scope of any people told in 2014 that they would be contacted in 2024 instead being contacted by DWP in 2017.
    @Matilda looks like will got Know choice and will have to see, but seems pointless and adding more stress to us by keep reviewing, I understand what @Username_removed has stated within regards to fraud, CC, but keep reviewing is all to much I would rather they sit outside my house as I don't go or do anything this is the last thing we, I need is all this aggro I thought we would have some peace, I just hate relying on these people to survive it's so degrading is an understatement. 

If I had my way I would rather suck eggs than having to claim benefits of any kind.

I had my own money and thought I was sorted without having to claim until some thieving **** robbed all my money from my bank and then had no choice but to ask for help it's not in my nature to ask for help, and I feel disgusted by it all.

⬇️

• Matilda
    @Governments_A_Joke

@BenefitsTrainingCo have said that, while DWP may review awards at any time, they have not said that it is inevitable that 'no end date' awards will be reviewed every three years.  

I have a great deal of confidence in @BenefitsTrainingCo's advice.

While we should not be complacent, neither should we be living in fear of the dreaded brown envelope arriving after only three years.  At least, not until such time as it becomes apparent that this will be the case.

Certainly, there have been no people reporting on Scope so far that their 'no end date' awards have been reviewed after only three years.  And I think we would have heard if any had been.
  • Matilda
    @Username_removed

You are speculating about 'little digs', reading too much into what people write.  As for reporting me, I'd say that your rudeness to me far exceeds any criticism I might have made of you.

I would point out that members of Scope forums are entitled to disagree with the views of other members.  You do not seem to like other members disagreeing with you.

@Governments_A_Joke. What the tribunal did was revise the DWP decision. Once you’re outside the usual one month deadline it’s hard to challenge a tribunal decision. However, the reason you’re being paid is because of the subsequent DWP decision and that can be challenged as I have described. 

So @Username_removed I can see what you mean regarding the Tribunal's. But the way this sounds now it does look pretty grim even having an ongoing award it's seems it not worth nothing?

So if and once it does get reviewed and now might as well take it as it's every 3 years instead. Well until then we will have to see but I will then tell them to sove it as i won't keep punishing myself by keep going through this **** process.

Believe me I will say it as it is I'm done with all this treatment and of being pushed around because I can't defend myself. Fk em.

Thanks for the reply.

⬇️

• Matilda
    edited March 2018
    @Username_removed

If I happen to have commented on someone else's post on a topic that you had also been commenting on, you should not assume that I was in fact commenting on your post.  I was commenting on the other person's post, not on yours.

In future if I comment on someone else's post that happens to be about a topic several people, including yourself, have been commenting on then you should not assume that I am commenting on your post: rather, I am commenting on the person concerned's post, not on yours.  I shall include their name(s) when I post in future to avoid confusion.
    Bear in mind that regular reviews was one of the original policy intents of PIP. Doesn’t mean they won’t back off from it though.

@Username_removed I do understand and defiantly get where this is going regarding reviews for lessor awards say of under 10 years and fixed term awards ,I can understand that happing and or for Fraud CC etc.

But they clearly state for on our award letters ongoing awards after 10 year? with light touch, just all seems gobbledygook to me.

Backing off will see. As I said I will not keep jumping through many more hoops it's all becoming to much I'd rather be locked up or shot than much more of this torture.

⬇️

• Matilda
    @Governments_A_Joke

Below is what Will from @BenefitsTrainingCo wrote on another thread on this topic.  So Will thinks that people contacted for review before the 10 years are up would have cause for complaint.

About the DWP letters, it is worth a complaint about this I feel, given the stress and anxiety caused by people being contacted about a review they would not expect at all based on the official information. You need to wait until you are reassessed to have grounds for complaint I suppose, but I'm sure you will keep that letter! 

Will
    @Matilda Thanks for that and I will (keep that letter) as Will stated.
    I certainly will be kicking off when and if the time comes and it will be well documented also.

Time will tell?
    ⬇️

Well well my friend @Username_removed you certainly have thrown me some interesting information and it's way way over my head I knew you knew so much knowledge surrounding this but I'm completely at a lose with all this jargan. 

Jesus I think I'm gonna take my chances and if they review so be it?

I wish I had you on my side regarding all this legal stuff. My conditions are well medically documented on paper and that's why I had a Paper based award. They have the lot so I'm just gonna take what I can for now and forget worrying of or when.

You say you've found some ongoing review cases today are you allowed to link to them or is this work that can't be shared either here or in a PM.

Thanks Mike for this bible of information. Far over my capacity I just would they haven't put on the decision letter (after 2027) 

⬇️

Afraid I can’t possibly link to work cases as they are confidential.
    @Username_removed thought so.... Mike are you a lawyer or welfare rights person  if so I want to hire you in future.

Also just a quick one Capita added in my PA3 it's unecessary to review the claim.
    So that means nought either I guess. And why state after 2027.

Did those cases have been either a tribunal or DWP only decisions
    ⬇️

• SethLaa
    SethLaa Community member Posts: 111 Courageous
    OMG I am so looking forward to receiving my PIP forms (not). I don't know when I am gonna get them but after reading all the posts regarding 'PIP'. I am prepared as my headache and nerves cannot get any worse, good luck everybody.
    I’m a manager within a welfare rights service and not available for face to face advice unless you’re in my geographical area. 

The ESA form is different in that it should stop regular reviews as they’ve been doing until late last year but it won’t stop the other reasons for a review.

The cases I’ve come across today we’re early stages i.e. both just been told they’re up for review.

I thought you was within the realms of someone that knows what your talking about regarding benefits @Username_removed as for being in your area I'm guessing your Manchester or Salford way.

As for my ESA SG that's been 4 years in April since my last Paper Based assessment 2014 so guessing will be due soon. Oh what fun this all is.

The cases for review are they an AR1 form or you may not know yet as I did read somewhere they can do an internal review am I right in thinking this.
    ⬇️

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.