cannabis oil for medical use - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

cannabis oil for medical use

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    susan48 said:
    I have just ordered the lowest dose from Holland and Barrett, will let you know how I get on as it’s easier to know what I’m taking than the CBD Raw I purchased.
    Its worth £10, hopefully it helps

Susan
    I was just thinking it might be interesting if anyone has put that on the medications list for pip. 
    I am on long term pain relief and I wonder about coming off for an alternative solution. 
    It wouldn't be a good idea to take the oil as well would it? 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Whistles, I hadn’t thought of that, on meds list.
    i don’t actually don’t take pain relief, except paracetamol but I’d check first. 
    Susan
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Whistles

You must talk to your care team before altering your medication.
    They may or may not have an opinion about CBD oil but you should check before using it

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @whistles, as we are not medical professionals, please make sure you talk to a GP or somebody else involved in your care before altering your treatment. Different medications affect us all differently, and so it's always best to have your seek guidance beforehand.
  • whistles
    Yes I will do. Not touching anything because I am it for a reason. It might just be worth mentioning.

Plus I don't know how cbd works but I know my medication is twice a day so my guess is its consistent. I do know my gp has said I could try and reduce it, he was leaving that up to me. I know what my pain is like and what I can/ can't manage.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @whistles Hope you get your medication checked out.  Always consider this I know interaction with other necessary medications causes problems.

Check the information you receive with any medications.  Effects and side effects.

It is known the herb St John's Wort  has been used with any medication. If used because it effects any medication for depression.

I considered this because I do not like medications, so looking at options.  Herbal and natural.  There are natural and herbal remedies have the common sense.  I use what I use for me.  Helps me to benefit my lifestyle.  Only after done my own research for my own interests.

Be aware.  Had to take medication prescribed by my doctors.  She knows my interest and just knows my own health history.  Plus knows have discussed this with her.  After consultation.  Remember small doses of what use I do know are not going to harm me.

Understand this if you knew for example you knew a herb or spice would help.  For arguments sake chilli lowers blood pressure.  Would you take a large dose of it.  Probably not why, chilli can aggravate stomach lining and causes allergic reactions to lips and mouth, tongue.

Same with any herb or spice.  Even herbal medicine .  There has been reports of people overdosing on Tumeric and Cinnamon.  Tumeric become trendy, yet it is only safe in small doses.

Remember body can adjust it self to take more of any drug.  Body tolerance is common and can have effecting the bodies system.  What more of the prescribed drug.

Consider this you probably know people I do . Whose tolerance to chilli's is amazing.  Can say to me can eat really hot spicy food and the body does not seem to react.  They can tolerate it for a while, with out realising the damage they may be doing.

I am aware of what is on the web pages and media interest.

Understand this wish you well in finding a solution to pain relief
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • AmandaBB
    AmandaBB Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Maria23 said:
    CBD oil can be bought from Holland and Barrett totally legal

• zoro
    zoro Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    CBD oil in Holland and Barrett has nothing to do with cannabis.
    It's from industrial hemp .... the stuff they make sacking and ropes frope amongst a host of textiles soaps and all manner of things .... just like they used to in the past.
    Cannabis is the most amazing plant on planet earth and if you'd like to know everything knowable about it and hemp read the following book chapter by chapter on line.
    There's a one hundred thousand dollar reward for anyone who can prove anything wrong in the book.
    It's been there since the original release many years ago.
    The book has been updated but no lawyer doctor scientist cop judge hippie has been able to claim the hundred thousand dollars.
    https://jackherer.com/emperor-3/
    This guy is the one person mostly responsible for the American governments huge changes regarding medical weed.
    He died a couple of year ago .... from cancer.
    My homemade music .....   thirty odd tunes ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
  • whistles
    Strangely enough any website in relation to this gets automatically closed by the server.

• whistles
    whistles said:
    Strangely enough any website in relation to this gets automatically closed by the server.

Eta just looked on the website in regards to drug interacting with other. 
    Manufacturers advice in a red box- avoid and severe reaction to cannabis extract. 
    So that's a total no go for me. 
  • zoro
    zoro Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    whistles said:
    whistles said:

Eta just looked on the website in regards to drug interacting with other. 
    Manufacturers advice in a red box- avoid and severe reaction to cannabis extract. 
    So that's a total no go for me. 
    Whistler CBD oil is not cannabis.
    I use it o help with sleep but it doesn't make you feel sleepy ike a pill would.
    It doesn't make you feel anything at all.
    Just when you do get to sleep it helps keep you there.
    Worth asking about interactions of course as anything can interact with medication.
    My homemade music .....   thirty odd tunes ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
  • susan48
    I have just got a delivery of CBD, hopefully it helps with sleep as sleeping tablets from my gp don’t.

time will tell
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi susan

If taking CBD orally then start slowly

CR
  • susan48
    Thanks CR
    iv got the lowest dose and as instructed only 3 drops.
    Im desperate to sleep, I truly hope this helps because I cannot cope, I’m exhausted 
  • CockneyRebel
    Do not expect a miracle, it may take a few days before you notice any difference

CR
  • susan48
    Thanks CR,
    Didnt think it would work fast, just hope it helps eventually 

Susan
  • whistles
    I am contacting my gp and can mention it.
    I need to off my pain relief first, which we had already discussed.
  • susan48
    Whistles,
    iv not actually mentioned it to my gp, I know I should have but struggling with appointment. Got one Friday, will see how I get on til then. 
    Im desperate for sleep, I’m normally scared of new things but will try this as I’m exhausted 
  • CockneyRebel
    I use a topical spray for muscle pain and stiff joints
    For anyone that vapes it is available as a  liquid
    You can also get the hemp leaves/buds to make tea with
    Seeds can be added to food

But as always please do your own research and take advice from your care team

CR
  • susan48
    CR 
    i tried vaping but felt I didn’t know how much I was actually taking, hence stopping it in vape form, that’s just me though.
    thats why I’m trying the drops.

As you say research, every one is different 

Susan

Brightness