My daughter isnt communicating — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My daughter isnt communicating

Tajushola
Tajushola Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2021 in Sensory impairments
Hello , good day to you all.  My daughter is suffering from epilepsy and a little autistic.  Due to the effect of this sickness she is not communication for the past 10years .  Before her brief sickness she can not verbally communicate with others.  she just don't even say a word no matter what.
I am looking to assistance to help her communicate with others.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tajushola
    Welcome to the community - I am just adding your comment on the other post her so we can keep your posts together.

SORRY i MEAN MY DAUGHTER TALKS TO FRIENDS AND FAMILIES BEFORE THE SICKNESS. BUT AFTER HER SICKNESS  SHE STOPPED TALKING TO ANYONE.    THANKS.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • NicolaLatheySLT
    NicolaLatheySLT Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Dear @Tajushola,

Thanks for wiring to us.

Have you asked your NHS why she thinks that your daughter is no longer talking?  

What methods have you tried to encourage her to communicate?  Sometimes taking the procedure off a child's spoken language can make a big difference but it's difficult to know without more information.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Nicola
    Nicola Lathey
    Speech And Language Advisor
    Phone: 01242 571883
    Email: nicola@theowltherapycentre.co.uk
    theowltherapycentre.co.uk
  • Tajushola
    Tajushola Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Nicola, 
     Can I call you . The NHS knows about this and unable to help nor design any program for her.  She was sent to the speech therapist for assessment but nothing comes out of it , only comments and reports of their observation. 

I have employed the assistant of a special need teacher but no improvement. 
    I have also decided to travel tp Philadephia  to attend the training for What to do with your brain injured child IHAP(The institute for the development of Human potential)  but the cost is above my budget.
    Do we have such institute in the U.K
    Hope  to read from you.

Thanks. 
    Tajudeen

Brightness