're compliance interview — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

're compliance interview

Gentlemen I care for has his telephone call today and is realy worried got a lot off aniexty as well  could some advise on what this is about cause he is very unstable at the moment is support worker is very good and say this is normal but am not sure have  seen so many reviews and they are not nice to deal with could some one advise pls 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @georginacathersides, thanks for updating us and wishing you and the gentleman you care for all the best for the interview. Hopefully our members will be able to offer some advice here, but please do keep us updated and let us know how it goes. 
  • georginacathersides
    georginacathersides Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Well was a fraud call and some one had reported him as going to pub well walking when he does nt allegation was made and they have to follow it up
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    georginacathersidesgeorginacathersides,

Unfortunately these interviews do happen from time to time and people who don't know the full circumstances of the claimant sometimes report information which isn't correct.

My advice would be to be completely honest & explain fully what he can and cannot do. Don't be pressurized into agreeing to anything which isn't correct. 

If it's an interview under caution your client should be told this clearly. I don't think it is though, it sounds more like an investigation interview.

If there are questions he doesn't understand, he should say so and ask them to clarify.

Complain if he is put under too much pressure (bearing in mind he is a disabled person and the DWP have a duty not to make his condition any worse). If his benefit is suspended, then I would go and get advice locally (eg from a Citizens Advice Bureau). But hopefully, this won't happen.

Best of luck to you both.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    hahaha peaple love causeing trouble i had them come to me i live in two bed with landlady they wanted to know were my daughter slept  what daughter i said so he gave me her name??? stacey forgetting its jon stacey ????  he lives with his mother now after my stroke ??they just have to follow phone calls ??ohh and i fill my facebook with rubish for nosey peaple such as my caravan site with pictures  on a day out  they wanted to know were my substancial saveings were????
  • georginacathersides
    georginacathersides Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Well still on going and not heard as off yet of the outcome but making gentle men very anxious and anxiety to await letter from them and causing is health to get worse any advice 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @georginacathersides, sorry to hear this. It may be a good idea to talk to a health professional involved in the gentleman's care so they're aware of the situation, and they may be able to offer some mental health support too.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.