Is it best to get a Assessment done your still sent in fitness for work notes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it best to get a Assessment done your still sent in fitness for work notes

sunflower23
sunflower23 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
edited March 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi anyone help been getting fitness for work notes not sure why I am sentting them when I can not go to work I have not had a Assessment done I well I can not work at all this will be the 3 fitness for work I have put in can any one help on this thanks for your help on this we also had 74.00  two lots go in our bank from WCA who are they 

Is it best to get a Assessment done your still sent in fitness for work notes 0 votes

Is it best to get a Assessment done your still sent in fitness for
0%
0%
0%

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    sunflower23,

I'm not really sure what the question is either. If you've had a work capability assessment, and got a decision, you shouldn't have to send in sick notes any more. However, if you're claiming Universal Credit (UC), they can be very slow to recognise decisions made when you were claiming ESA. So, often, they ask you for sick notes and might even send you to another work capability assessment. If you can send in sick notes, I would carry on doing so when you are asked for them, but you should complain if you've already had an assessment and got a decision.

If you are in the support group and you have a work capability assessment carried out (since September 2017), you should be told whether or not you have to ever have another one. Some people should be told they are in the support group (limited capability for work-related activity group) AND that they shouldn't have to have another assessment.

WCA usually stands for the Work Capability Assessment. £74 sounds like the amount you get if you're in the assessment phase for ESA, or if you are in the work-related activity group but you weren't getting ESA before April 2017.

Sorry it is so complicated!

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• sunflower23
    sunflower23 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Hi I have not had a work capability assessment done yet I was on income support moved and went on to universal credit got help with filling out the assessment forms put went all my health problems Ect and I am still waiting to hear back I have sent three fits notes in now up to June thanks 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.