Compliance letter/ Telephone Interview - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Compliance letter/ Telephone Interview

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 48 Listener
    I’ve just come off the phone with  citizens advice bureau and they said he is still  investigating me  Looking at the Evidence and statements I gave him, they can’t do anything till the DWP tell me what’s going on, I just want to hang my self I’m done I can’t take the the  strain and anxiety, the man had me all confused I couldn’t remember dates and stuff it’s all part of what happened to me when I had my brake down 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    So sorry to hear about your situation, @Sandy_Devon.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself. If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

I can imagine it feels really overwhelming right now, but you've done the right thing by contacting CAB, and they will do their best to support you. I'm also tagging in @Username_removed in case there's anything he can add.  

Please do keep us updated and look after yourself: we'll all do our best to support you too. 
  • [Deleted User]
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @Sandy Devon

please please don’t do anything except call your gp or a mental heath help line.

call scopes helpline but you need to talk this through with a health care professional.

your done a positive thing by calling CAB, 
    it maybe all concluded in a few days.

your not alone, you have us.

i cannot remember things either very well, it’s because your body goes into “fight or flight” mode. So your body is limiting your brains capacity.

my psychologist told me that.

please get some help now
  • Sandycfedup
    Sandycfedup Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    I am ABSOLUTELY GO SMACKED... just found out that not getting PIP MOBILITY JUST HELP ASPECT... £83.00 A week to live on TAKING CAR AWAY. . my rent is £400 a month but I only pay £65 towards it... Minus taxis.. As cannot walk.. Elec.. Gas.. TV.. Phone.. Food.. Pay dog walker.. Be left with £3.20/4.00  week for clothes.. Repaying bond I borrowed as only moved here in November. . I am in floods of tears.. That's HALF OF what I got on dla.. Esa..us no car... OMG... Suicidal... 
  • susan48
    @Sandycfedup,
    you can ask for this to be looked at again.
    did you have a f2f assessment?
  • [Deleted User]
    Sorry to hear that Sandycfedup, no
    on the phone interview today 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Sandy Devon   Pleased to meet you.  Just a gentleman sending a message of support.

I know life is so hard and not easy.

I can understand you situation.

For the last twenty years or more every two years or even less. I get used to a phone call.  Fridays asking about my personal circumstances.  Used to say we think you do not qualify for award.

What the hell I went through.  Signing on and off.  Appeals and all the assessments.  One school of assessors saying fit next 18 months unfit.

Then around again. again fit or unfit.  Some times money would not come for a month, so when I joined mental health charity.

Support worker sent letter to DWP why are you doing this every 18 months so.  Because he is sick and ill.  He has tried to get work and he is making himself ill in the process. Done loads of qualifications.  The employment opportunities zero.

Now on ESA support group.  Lot older and wiser.

I am sorry what has happened.  I wonder if it is possible to get some support.  Whether from a welfare charity or if you wish to speak to some one from a mental health charity.

I have self referred myself to a few in my life time.

It is very helpful to have a support worker to assist you with anything mental health.  Also have some one in your corner to fight for your rights and also to be there for you.

Hope you can get help and support.  It is there in the community if you wish to do that.

I do know it helped me immensely, even though am still not good some days.

Take care lovely to meet you

The Spiceman 
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • [Deleted User]
    The spaceman thank you so much I’m don’t know how to get a support worker,
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Sandy Devon   Thank you for reply.  I will give you much information as I can..

Understand the issues, so if you look on the web for local services from where you live.  You can self refer.  Which means you go and apply yourself what you need and want from them.

Also go to your GP surgery speak to your Doctor.  Who will speak to about options available to you.  Lots of mental health charities out there but you want the correct and right support.

You will be assessed by the charity how they can help yo and get the right support.  That is important. 

Please can I add it is a good idea as I said to have one.  A mental health charity for other reasons as well.  These include your well being and fitness looking also how you can benefit some goals and aims.

Make you understand your self, the condition you have.

You must also be aware of the system that you are involved if you enrol.  They will help you if you help yourself.  I know it is not easy for me to say that but the mental health system is there to support you and it does help having some one to assist you. 

Please can I tell you they often give you time limits for being a client.  I am in one for three years.  Then told I am OK.  Even if I am probably not.  I am better but they have to do this because of numbers you must understand that.

Also be aware the system is overloaded and over burdened and cuts , budgets are slashed.  You must understand this.  Hence if you apply you could wait some time.  I am not being negative here you are talking to a gentleman who is telling you the truth.

Hope any of this helps.

Contact SCOPE they can advise as well.

Best wishes

The spiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Sandycfedup Pleased to meet you.  Please can I ask who is supporting you?

Are you getting any help with this.?

I do know the problems and understand the issues, please understand trying to help.

Is it possible to speak to some one, welfare rights CAB or asking here a support worker might be a solution.

My worry is that this is not right and you need speak to some one who can help.

Ask SCOPE advisors.

Am here to listen.

Hope you take care

The Spiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Sandycfedup
    Sandycfedup Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Hi and thanks .. I have spoken to rethink to get an advocate but told to get a tribunal it could take 6/12 months...!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    That’s a long time it’s just terrible play with peoples life’s 
  • susan48
    @Sandy Devon
    hi I hope your feeling a little, was going to say better but not the right word, less anxious 
  • [Deleted User]
    I’ve go the  crisis team phoning me back as I feel very  vulnerable  l can’t cope with life at the best of times 
  • [Deleted User]
    No I’m feeling worse as the day has gone on my head is working over time I can’t stop crying, I’m just not feeling well at all my head has gone 
  • susan48
    That’s good, I’m glad you called someone, I know it’s really hard but you’v done good calling.
    Please keep me posted as to how you are 
  • [Deleted User]
    Thanks hope you get on ok as well, 
  • [Deleted User]
    I’ve just come off the phone with the  crisis Team and I feel worse no help at all just told me to relax and have a sandwich, There are to many people with mental health issues they don’t have the time, l was on the phone with her for 5 minutes, Im so done with this **** life 
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    I had a CC about a year ago some horrible nasty neighbour said i had money in my account i had to take recent bank statements in to which showed i had nothing in my bank account this satisfied the interviewer but she said this would be kept on record for 18 months if you have nothing to hide like me then it will be fine

Brightness