PIP MR — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP MR

debweb07
debweb07 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all I've just embarked on a mandatory recon for my pip as have been turned down twice since August last year .all because one the first assessor lied through her back teeth and contradicted her answers and second one because first was turned down obviously I couldn't be that bad.i suffer with NEAD , osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia , depression and anxiety and have had two blood clots in past five years an two mini strokes.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear this, @debweb07. If you haven't seen it already, you may find this guidance on appealing DWP decisions useful.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    debweb07 said:
    Hi all I've just embarked on a mandatory recon for my pip as have been turned down twice since August last year .all because one the first assessor lied through her back teeth and contradicted her answers and second one because first was turned down obviously I couldn't be that bad.i suffer with NEAD , osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia , depression and anxiety and have had two blood clots in past five years an two mini strokes.
    Good luck. There's only a very slim chance that the decision will change at MR stage as only 20% are successful. Expect to have to take it to Tribunal. 65% of those that appear in person at their hearing have a decision in their favour.

Did you send in evidence to support your claim? They very rarely contact anyone for evidence.

Was there any reason why you didn't ask for the MR then Tribunal the first time you applied? It's always worth taking it to Tribunal rather than to keep re-applying because they'll most likely keep refusing you. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.