Strange decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Strange decision

Malue
Malue Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi.  My husband had his tribunal today.  After waiting since Jan 2017.  The tribunal said they would send the decision by post!!   Is this normal?  
Has it happened to anyone else ? 

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I was the same, posing my decision.
    The tribunal panel we’re running 45 minutes late and didn’t want “to hold me up “ any longer.
    i did call the number on my tribunal letter a few days later and asked for then to tell me the decision over the phone, which they did.

i would call them tomorrow and ask.
    hope this helps
  • Malue
    Malue Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    susan48 said:
    Hi I was the same, posing my decision.
    The tribunal panel we’re running 45 minutes late and didn’t want “to hold me up “ any longer.
    i did call the number on my tribunal letter a few days later and asked for then to tell me the decision over the phone, which they did.

i would call them tomorrow and ask.
    hope this helps
    Thanks for your speedy reply.   
    You phoned them the day after and was given their decision?  
  • susan48
    @Malue,
    I honestly cannot remember exactly how many days, I was in such a state, maybe @CockneyRebel can help.

It was when we had all the bad snow so Mail wasn’t getting through, it took over 2 weeks to get the decision letter posted out.

if you call the number they will tell you if the decision is ready or when to call back even
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    I know it's hard waiting for news, good or bad but if no information is given over the phone then we have to wait for our postal service. I look at these situations as waiting for a child to be born as with our award letters we know the baby will be born soon just but be don't know when,  just like our award letters they are on their way but when will they arrive. I worked on the land for 40 plus years so waiting is and was a way, fact of live. Animals to grow, crop to come to maturity ready for harvesting ect so be patience.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Malue said:
    Hi.  My husband had his tribunal today.  After waiting since Jan 2017.  The tribunal said they would send the decision by post!!   Is this normal?  
    Has it happened to anyone else ? 
    Hi,

Yes it's perfectly normal. Lots of people aren't given a decision on the day of the hearing. They will write to you within a couple of days with the decision and there's no need to ring and ask them. They are usually very quick after the hearing, if a decision isn't given on the day.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • susan48
    @poppy123456,
    i think my letter took 2 weeks because of the adverse weather.id never been through it before so I didn’t really know for sure.

Thanks for the advice 
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    wilko said:
    I know it's hard waiting for news, good or bad but if no information is given over the phone then we have to wait for our postal service. I look at these situations as waiting for a child to be born as with our award letters we know the baby will be born soon just but be don't know when,  just like our award letters they are on their way but when will they arrive. I worked on the land for 40 plus years so waiting is and was a way, fact of live. Animals to grow, crop to come to maturity ready for harvesting ect so be patience.

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    What a lovely way to put things Wilko.
      Debsidoo.x
  • susan48
    @Malue

How are you?

Did you find out about your husbands Appeal? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.