Underpaid Backdated Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Underpaid Backdated Pip

jones86
jones86 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi,does anyone no when all the underpaid pip is due to be sent out to people?Also has anyone received any backdated payments yet.Thanks

Comments

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    edited March 2018
    I've not heard of this. Only heard of this for ESA.

Or do you mean when they decided people with mental health difficulties shouldn't get mobility and then changed their mind?
  • Henry
    Henry Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    On   what   grounds   can a person  with  mental  health  issues get  mobility   allowance.?  
  • dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    It depends how your mental health affects you
  • jones86
    jones86 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Yes @Nystagmite all the higher rate pip money that was underpaid to thousands of people with mental health illness and then they overturned it in January.Thanks for reply @Nystagmite
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    jones86 said:
    Yes @Nystagmite all the higher rate pip money that was underpaid to thousands of people with mental health illness and then they overturned it in January.Thanks for reply @Nystagmite
    They will in time review all current PIP claims for this but this can take years. They haven't changed the PIP descriptors as yet either. Not everyone with Mental health will qualify for the Enhanced mobility, some will but some won't. There's no need to anything, if you qualify they will contact you. Just don't expect it to be anytime soon.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    If it's a court date, won't that apply to those turned down after that date? 
    Just thinking of the ESA only being back dated to the court date.
    It's not just IB, it's ESA as a whole. Please check your paperwork.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    jones86 said:
    They will in time review all current PIP claims for this but this can take years. They haven't changed the PIP descriptors as yet either. Not everyone with Mental health will qualify for the Enhanced mobility, some will but some won't. There's no need to anything, if you qualify they will contact you. Just don't expect it to be anytime soon.
    The descriptors  for phycological distress are now  getting used like they was doing before the change.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Before my pip appeal I was not awarded anything for mobility on those grounds-mental health.
    I was fine with that to be honest.
    But at Appeal I was granted 10 points for the journey aspect
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    dee4848 said:
    jones86 said:
    The descriptors  for phycological distress are now  getting used like they was doing before the change.
    My forms looked to be aimed at just physical issues. Have they reworded some forms?
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.