Non dependent reduction whilst on Universal Credit and in receipt of DLA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Non dependent reduction whilst on Universal Credit and in receipt of DLA?

diana06
diana06 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
After receiving esa for several years and dla high rate due to breast cancer , i had to go too an assesment last year and lost all my esa even though i have been diagnosed with other medical conditions , i have been  made to look for work even though i am undergoing a second operation next month for breast re construction , i am still receiving dla as yet not been invited to apply for pip , what i am concerned about is that i have lost £16 a week on my housing element since going onto Universal Credit as i have a non dependent daughter , i have been told that i should not have lost it as im still in receipt of dla ?

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Why were you moved to UC what was the change in circumstance, or did your area go full service?

The housing element is what dwp decides and isn't decided by the council. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    There is no non dependent deductions for someone is receipt of PIP/DLA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Housing-overview-Universal-Credit

DLA isn't relevant here, Universal credit by the looks of it requires you to inform them as you would have before.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • diana06
    Hi i lost my esa so had to to make a claim for universal credit as im in full service area , and that is when my housing allowance element of it went down by £16 a week due to having a non dependent , although it hasnt affected my council tax rebate as im still receiving dla , i rang universal credit and got told its correct ?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi diana and welcome

Have you asked for a ESA mandatory reconsideration/ Tribunal appeal ?

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • diana06
    Yes done the mr and that didnt change anything , dont think ive got the fight to go to tribunal with having a forthcoming op , im 62 years old and its affecting my health a lot with the stress of it all 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    diana06 said:
    Yes done the mr and that didnt change anything , dont think ive got the fight to go to tribunal with having a forthcoming op , im 62 years old and its affecting my health a lot with the stress of it all 
    It's not unusual for the decision not to change at MR stage because only 20% of them do. The best chance is Tribunal and appearing in person. As you're now on UC you won't be able to go back onto ESA though but you'd have backpay if you won your Tribunal, always worth taking it this far.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.