Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

kinetic1
kinetic1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I got 12points for .mobility but was not awarded anything

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello kineric1 , have you had your award letter? With 12 points you get enhanced mobility rate for PIP which entitles you to free road tax your car if you have one becomes taxed as a disabled car tax class. Also you can apply for and get a blue badge as you obviously need one plus if your award letter encloses a award certificate stating the free car tax you may also but it t does not state that you may be entitiled to a mobility car. Read your award letter and if in doubt ring DWP.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    for a blue badge you need to score 8 points in the moving around descriptor
    Any points scored for planning and following do not count for BB

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • booth273
    booth273 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    aren't blue badges issued by the Local Authority / Council - Mine was. But I have had mine issued long before PIP came along.... 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    LA's do issue BB's but scoring 8 points for moving around activity gives automatic qualification. you can also apply to your LA without but might need to take their assessment

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.