Bad experience with ESA, now worried about PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bad experience with ESA, now worried about PIP

cinamon
cinamon Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi 
I am a carer for my daughter of 32 years, she has a neurology condition and my anxiety has peaked since what i feel like is a bombardment of prove your daughter is sick.
My daughters condition is incurable and called idiopathic intracranial hypertension, she is in a lot of pain and has an LP shunt controlling spinal fluid to her brain.
We went to one of those ESA assessments and the report came back stating my daughter had back pain and anxiety and the stated that my daughter had a neurology problem and never once named her condition. He even addressed my daughter as a man and said she worked in a recruitment centre 5 years ago, well my daughter was diagnosed in 2010 and hasnt been able to work since her diagnosis.
 So ESA have placed my daughter in WRAG. i am waiting for the decision of a mandatory reconsideration then its the tribunal if she doesnt get back into the support group 
I googled the DR who only registered in 2010 after passing his bachelors in medicine in 1999 in Iraq so really has no knowledge of neurology, some of the questions on the report he just answered himself he never asked us, but its his word against ours.
Today a letter from PIP came asking if there are any changes, i am feeling so anxious as if they dont believe anything thats written or said and i sent ESA 23 pages of reports from nbeurology and my daughter sees her neurologist approx every 6 weeks 
could anyone give me any advice 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @cinamon and a warm welcome to the community. So very sorry to read of the troubles you're having - much of what is happening these days seems scarcely credible, doesn't it?
    I'm not qualified to answer your question but I notice it has been placed in an appropriate forum so the best and most qualified people will be getting back to you in due course. Please bear with us.
    Warmest best wishes to you and to your daughter,
    Richard
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi cinamon and welcome

Have a look at the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

When you fill in the review form, give details as you did before. any worstened condition will need to be fully explained. Even if you tick no change, your daughter could still be called for assessment

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi cinamon,

All you can do is answer the questions as honestly as possible and see what happens. Unfortunately it appears that it doesn't really matter what you write on a claim form, the assessor will make their own mind up anyway. But you should still write as much information on the form as possible as what is written in the claim form is important when/if you get to appeal stage. Good luck.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I understand. I was on the esa merry go round for 2 years or so then suddenly got stopped and I had to claim JSA. I went as far as I could with the appeals etc but gave up in the end. It was just too hard. So I’ve been on jcp for a couple of years and now working part time with support. I should get ESA but I’m not. So I’m now applying for pip as advised by my job coach and I’m at appeal. I am trying to be cold and detached about it as I can’t cope with the stress. I am expecting not to get it but doing all I can to try. It’s not hopeful when advisors are telling you most people have to go for M R and appeal. It’s really off putting and probably people give up
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @debbiedo49 Yup, I think that's why they do it. They know that a lot of us just can't take the stress.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.