What does pain and depression look like? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What does pain and depression look like?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Good night all.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • sandyp196
    sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    I was misdiagnosed with bipolar and put on lots of meds that made me very unwell. It was years until I had another assessment and onky becsuse I had a total breakdown.  I was reassessed and it was decided I didn't have bipolar after all. Me and my family were horrified. I was practically forced to take all those drugs despite saying over and over again I was feeling worse and the meds made me unwell. 
    I have been properly diagnosed now and am properly monitored on my new meds regime. I don't feel able to talk about my new diagnosis atm as I'm still coming to terms with it all myself. 
    But I feel my physical health and mental health has suffered very much due to all the strong meds I took for years for a condition I didn't have, and which was diagnosed on a 20 minute assesment with a doctor who didn't know me qnd evenue got my name wronG.
    I strongly believe the drugs hAve damaged my body and brain function.but iv had no apology or explanation. 
    My family have complained about my medical care over the last 8 years and about how a wring diagnosis went undiscovered for so long. 
    I'm really not bothered about complaining. I jsut want to feel a bit better and I am starting to feel a bit better now. I'm just angry noone has apologised or will give me an honest answer about how and if all that medication I took will have long term effects for me. 
    Iv noticed aN awful lot of people these days are diagnosed with bipolar.  I would say just make sure your assesment for it was thorough, and if you feel your symptoms don't quite match, ask for another assessment before you take those strong drugs.   
  • [Deleted User]
  • debbiedo49
    I will wait for it to come out online @Victoriad
    Absolutely get other opinions on your health and keep pushing until you feel assured. I know it’s hard finding the energy for it but it’s your very peace of mind, pardon the pun.
  • [Deleted User]
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Victoriad said:
    Hello @debbiedo49
    I just look upon a diagnosis as an opinion....

Opinions are like a*** holes......EVERYONES’ got one!

And unfortunately, some a***holes have opinions :)

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • debbiedo49
    Bwahahaha thats funny
  • [Deleted User]
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @Victoriad,
    pits not arrived with me yet, the snow so please keep it  :)
  • [Deleted User]
  • susan48
    Victoriad said:
    susan48 said:
    @Victoriad,
    pits not arrived with me yet, the snow so please keep it  :)
    I was only trying to be generous  ;)

Your generosity would usually be gratefully received but not in this instance  :)
  • [Deleted User]
  • susan48
    Enjoy and remember to wrap up well  ;)
  • [Deleted User]
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    A bulldog chewing a wasp

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • adhdbird1980
    adhdbird1980 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    I do wonder if there is a set criteria of what they look for. It's hard enough having to live daily with anxity and depression but to be judged by the way you look and have your illness totally dismissed is a total slap in the face 

• adhdbird1980
    adhdbird1980 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    It’s a joke really no one knows what’s going on in the inside yet just because we look fine we are ok.. i hate when someone says oh you look ok it’s how we feel 
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    I have been diagnosed with severe depression and severe anxiety, but am very good at hiding these feeling, so I don't think others would pick up on it.  Fibromyalgia, yes I think people do, as  I can look very tired and this was picked up at assessment.

my daughter has Bipolar and can be manic with shopping, it reminds me of Supermarket Sweep, when I am shopping with her.  On the day she was sectioned, she was running around the garden top less, also running up and down street.
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.